Rim Provisional Government
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
- This article is about the Rim Provisional Government. For roleplaying games in the BattleTech universe, or for the Classic BattleTech Roleplaying Game rulebook specifically, see BattleTech RPG and Classic BattleTech RPG.
|Rim Provisional Government|
|Military:||Rift Republican Army|
The Rim Provisional Government was the name of a group of workers who deposed the Amaris government on the world of Apollo in the Rim Worlds Republic. On April 23 2575 workers staged a worldwide strike that lead to military action against them. Undeterred, the workers repelled efforts by the Fourth Amaris Dragoons and declared a new government of the Rim Worlds capital planet. After First Consul Gregory Amaris sent in the Dragoons to reestablish order, the workers determined that Amaris had forfeited the principals of his office and removed him from office.
Amaris then attempted to crush the rebels by sending in two regiments. Both the Seventh Amaris Legionnaires and the Eighth Amaris Fusiliers immediately defected to the new government shifting the balance of power on planet. Facing this turn of events Gregory Amaris and the remainder of the previous ruling body retreated to the Amaris Island estates leaving the capital in new hands and effectively creating a civil war on Apollo.
This state persisted for twenty one years until the Star League Expeditionary Force arrived and liberated Gregory Amaris and his supporters and placed them back into power.