- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Aldis Industries, Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion|
|Armor||Aldis Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 70 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Datacom 100|
|Targeting Tracking System||Tarmac Quasar V|
2 x Medium Lasers
|BV (1.0)||340|
Developed to fulfill the Star League's requirement for a quick response VTOL aircraft that could carry a squad of infantry and their equipment, the Ripper normally carries elite infantry or Jump Infantry that need quick deployment or retrieval.
The Ripper, built from proven components for maximum reliability, uses a Fusion Engine to give the vehicle a significant range, as well as a high top speed, so much that the infantry compartment is equipped with special acceleration couches to handle the strain of a high speed combat insertion. While the Ripper is heavily armored for a transport VTOL, carrying one and a half tons Aldis Heavy Ferro-Fibrous plating to survive the high G maneuvers that are the hallmark of the craft, a Small Laser or even a well-equipped infantry squad can down the vehicle in short order.
While Aldis Industries's Terran based VTOL production lines were destroyed during Operation Liberation, Cal-Boeing was able to secure a copy of the plans and reintroduce the design during the Third Succession War. Save for the Free Worlds League, all the other Successor States have purchased large numbers of the Ripper.
Weapons and Equipment
The Ripper is armed with two nose mounted Omicron 950 Medium Lasers. The weapons are used more to induce flinch rather than strike an enemy, the pilot firing the twin lasers around the fringes of the vehicle's intended landing zone and then as they fly off to try and convince an unprepared foe to steer clear.
Due to the large volume and variety of buyers, there are a great number of Ripper variations in existence. The most common/notable are:
- MUL online date for the Ripper
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 150-151, "Ripper VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 163
- Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 86-87, "Ripper VTOL Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 190-191, "Ripper VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 167
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 166
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 165
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 136
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 6