The Rocket-Assisted Grenade (RAG) was developed by the Striker Arms Corporation, a division of Vicore Industries, to improve the capability of conventional infantry when fighting against Battle Armor by fitting a normal grenade with an integral rocket motor. When thrown, the rocket ignites and consumes the on-board propellant to produce a short burst which, working in tandem with fold-up fins and an internal gyro stabilizer, increases its thrown range five-fold compared to a normal hand grenade. The soldier can also switch between this assisted-flight mode and high-explosive mode, in which the RAG functions like a normal grenade and the propellant augments the explosion.
- Item: Grenade, Rocket-Assisted
- Equipment Rating: C/X-X-D/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 5X/10A
- Range: STR x 1/2/3/4 meters
- Shots: 1
- Cost: 50
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 600g
- Notes: Indirect; -2 to Attack; Range x5 and BD -2 in Rocket-Assist Mode
- Combat Equipment, p. 13, "Rocket-Assisted Grenade"
- A Time of War, p. 278