(References to Rockwellawan)
Rockwellawan neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||193 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Avian|
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2751 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2765 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2822 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2864 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3025 - Independent world 
- 3030 - Independent world 
- 3039 - Independent world 
- 3040 - Independent world 
- 3050 - Independent world 
- 3052 - Independent world 
- 3057 - Independent world 
- 3058 - Independent world 
- 3059 - New Colony Region 
- 3063 - New Colony Region 
- 3066 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3067 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3075 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3079 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3081 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3085 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3130 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3135 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3145 - Fronc Reaches 
New Colony Region Era
After the death of Taurian Protector Jeffrey Calderon on Detroit in early 3061, the Taurian Defense Force presence in the New Colony Region was boosted by Protector Grover Shraplen. The focus for the TDF shifted under the direction of the anti-Davion elements within the TDF and government, with the TDF units spending increasing amounts of time interfering with the Colonial Marshals as an attempt to identify rogue elements as well as harassing Taurian citizens of the New Colony Region in their quest to find Davion agents and spies.
Rockwellawan was one of the worlds affected by this hunt for Davion agitators. Notes published by Magestrix Emma Centrella in 3066 highlighted some of the actions on Rockwellawan that contributed to the rising calls for independence for the region in the early 3060s, and ultimately to the Fronc Reaches Rebellion. The TDF troops in 3061 were under pressure to find Davion agitators to justify Shraplen's accusations of Davion involvement in the New Colony rebellion and the death of Jeffrey Calderon. When no evidence was found, increasing pressure to deliver results resulted in the treatment of citizens in the New Colony region became progressively worse, with rough questioning escalating into outright breaches of Taurian law. These abuses soon spread to those Canopian citizens living outside Canopian enclaves on jointly-held worlds; these Canopians objected to the actions taken by the TDF against their Taurian neighbors, friends and business partners in various ways. On Rockwellawan, local newspapers ran outraged editorials decrying the actions of the Red Chasseurs, while town mayors took to denouncing the TDF actions in public and protests were held by the local civilian populations.
Subaltern Geoffrey Millar agreed to meet with Deputy Mayor Laurens Ranier and the contingent, but when Ranier told him that "There's no one here but hardworking folks, but if you keep this up, that won't be true for long" Millar responded by taking the comment as a threat, threw Ranier in jail alongside his colleagues and told the rest of the delegation to leave and not tell anyone what had happened, on pain of being arrested themselves. The delegation promptly returned to Peshtigo and sent word straight back to the Canopian government, which immediately lodged vocal protests that saw the charges dropped and all three prisoners released. The Magestrix later claimed that it was incidents such as this one on Rockwellawan that prompted her to re-think the decision not to deploy MAF units into the New Colony Region.
As the TDF became increasingly confrontational towards the old guard members of the Colonial Marshals, conflict between the Marshals and the TDF began to spill over into the civilian population. In early 3064, as an off-duty Canopian Marshal attempted to break up a tavern fight, he was attacked and roughed up by a TDF trooper. In response, a group of drunken Canopian locals decided to travel to the nearest Taurian enclave and retaliate by breaking some windows and posting up anti-Taurian slogans. Soon, a group of Taurian locals responded in kind, and the incidents escalated rapidly until the atmosphere in the settlements along the Silverlode River was positively poisonous. The various communities began treating each other as enemy camps, and while there were no fatalities, incidents of hate crimes and nationalistic bigotry increased on Rockwellawan. This phenomenon was not unique to Rockwellawan - similar incidents were occurring in every world within the Region.
Rockwellawan was incorporated into the Fronc Reaches when the reaches became independent in 3066, and like the other colony worlds suffered from the actions of the local pirate bands active in the region; while Rockwellawan continued to ship supplies to Detroit while the world was under Magistracy occupation, a number of these shipments were hit by pirates. Despite this, the citizens of Rockwellawan remained hopeful that the world can regain the status it held during the Star League era as a major shipping hub.
In 3081 ground was broken on Rockwellawan for the new Sentinelry Academy, Rockwellawan having been chosen by the government of the Fronc Reaches as the site for their first military academy. However, despite construction starting in 3081, the facility still wasn't complete by 3085, leading the Fronc Reaches to join in a military exchange programme with the Filtvelt Coalition; this allowed the Reaches to gain small numbers of trained military graduates, but further slowed construction of the Academy.
The loss of the Fronc Reaches' only BattleMech manufacturing facility when the Magistracy of Canopus and then the Capellan Confederation annexed the world of Detroit led to President Elaine Hadley implementing a number of changes after she came to power in 3092. One of the major changes was her instruction that the remaining two arms producers in Reaches space - Colonial Tractors of Fronc and Interstellar Agricultural Concerns - increase production to compensate for the loss of Detroit.
Interstellar Agriculture Concerns, keen to maintain it's reputation as a primarily civilian manufacturer, responded by spinning off a subsidiary company to deal with the demands for increased military production. That company, Interstellar Arms, went on to begin manufacturing a number of light BattleMech designs by 3105 from factories that sprang up across the Corundum continent, as well as taking over the manufacture of the Vedettes originally produced by IAC. This made Rockwellawan the second world in the Fronc Reaches to begin domestic production of BattleMechs.
Rockwellawan was largely settled by citizens of the Taurian Concordat. They named the three continents Diamond, Corundrum, and Facet. The planet has extensive mineral resources. In 3079 news stories reported a new strike found on the landmasses daily.
- Second Fronc Infantry
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 22, "Rockwellawan"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 121, "Taurian Concordat after Age of War , Fall of the Star League  and End of the 3rd Succession War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation After First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns After First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation After Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns After Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation After Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns After Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation After Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 74, "Federated Suns After War of 3039"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 59, "Capellan Confederation After Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 127, "Taurian Concordat after modern colonization drive  and after FedCom Civil War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 12, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns After Operation Guerrero "
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 112, "Magistracy of Canopus & New Colony Region"
- Inner Sphere, p. 98, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map""
- Era Report: 3062, p. 30, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 100, "Irons in the Fire"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation After FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 20, "Magistracy of Canopus Region Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere - October 3085"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 74-75, "I Regret That I Must Declare Martial Law"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 76, "Bad To Worse: 3064-3064"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 100, "Marshals And Mercs: The Fronc Reaches Military"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 135, "Fronc Reaches"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 186, "Fronc Reaches"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 189, "Fronc Reaches"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 11, "Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 152, "Fronc Reaches Sentinels"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 203, "Fronc Reaches"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 22, "Interstellar Agriculture Concerns"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: Periphery
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Objectives: Periphery
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition