- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3068)|
|CO||Colonel Sir Kripsin Romanov|
Romanov's Crusaders was formed by Free Worlds League Captain-General Thomas Marik, becoming operational in 3055. It was formed for the foreign born MechWarriors whom traveled the from all parts of the Inner Sphere to join his Knights of the Inner Sphere regiment. Since politically Captain-General felt it was unwise to incorporate 40 foreign-born warriors into the League standard military, he formed an independent command to take in these Warriors. The unit was set up as a mercenary unit that would be on exclusive contract with the League.
Captain-General Marik tapped Galahad Battalion commander, Sir Krispin Romanov, to take command of the new regiment. The unit's formation was widely accepted by outside factions. However, political factions within the League didn't view the unit in such a favorable light. Prince Kirc Cameron-Jones of the Principality of Regulus accused the Captain General of using double standards in forming this unit. He was concerned that the Crusaders would receive favored status, which would alienate other mercenary units employed by the League. Also, it would be available to other nations, in their own efforts to spread the return of chivalry.
Each members of the "mercenaries" have sworn a personal oath of fealty to Thomas Marik. The unit's potential candidates have to undertake a "quest" before formally joining the unit. Recruits must not return unless they successfully completed this quest. Due to the unusual and disparate nature of these quests, the insignia of the Crusaders can be seen throughout the Inner Sphere. They have been welcomed especially in the Periphery, where they have enhanced the Crusader's reputation of chivalrous conduct.
Operations in the Inner Sphere
The unit were redeployed on the orders of the "false Marik" to Oriente. There they are assigned to the defense forces on the planet. Rumors suggest that the unit get a major upgrades.
In 3076, the Crusaders dropped onto Atreus to rescue Thomas Marik's wife and children. They sustained serious damage on their approach, and later took more damage from their fight with the 15th Division. Though they were able to recover some survivors of the Knights of the Inner Sphere, the Crusaders were destroyed by the 15th Division.
- Commanding Officer of the unit as 3055, was Sir Colonel Kripsin Romanov.
- Executive Officer of the unit, was Major Rynn Johannsson, formerly Rasalhague Kungsarme
At its formation, the unit was a mix of elite and green pilots. Sir Romanov had to work hard for these units work closer together, resulting in the unit did have any tactics.
Romanov's Crusaders (1 BattleMech Regiment)
- 1st Battalion - CO: Sir Colonel Krispin Romanov
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Major Miaka Tanahome
- 3rd Battalion - CO: Major Antoinette Thurlow
- The unit was mix compliment of BattleMechs. From wrecked 'Mechs for dispossed pilots whom joined to pair Clan OmniMechs. Generally 'Mech were purchased from Free Worlds League producers, while purchasing some 'Mech barring Swords, such as the No-Dachi.
- Romanov's Crusaders (Reinforced BattleMech Regiment)
- 1st Battalion - CO: Sir. Colonel Krispin Romanov
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Major Miaka Tanahome
- 3rd Battalion - CO: Major Miranda McPherson
- 4th Battalion - Co: Major Hiro Watanabi
The unit when it formed it had no supportive combat regiments or transportation units. By 3067, the unit possessed only half the dropships needed to move the entire unit. Also, from the periphery a Star Lord Class JumpShip volunteered its services to the Crusaders.
Force Specific Rules from Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised
When using the Crusaders, rolling up skills based on the Veteran table for pilots. Due to their specialization in duelling, the Crusaders suffer from a -2 inititive if they field more than more one 'mech. This increase as if more a on the field, -3 for Lancers, -4 for Companies, -5 for Battalions or larger. These pentialties can be off-setted by Crusader's battalions leaders. Most battalion leaders in 3067 gains their formation with +1 inititive. This adds up as more present, with exception of Major Hiro Watanabi has bonus of +2 inititive. These individuals must be active on the field to gain these bonuses.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 80 - "Main article for Romanov's Crusaders".
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 97 - "Potential Knights questing have enhanced the Crusader's reputation".
- Blake Ascending: A Jihad Compilation, p. 182, 192 - "Crusaders desert their duty during the Jihad".
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 12 "Aftermath"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 97 - "Tactics" - Excellent Duelist, tries operates in small groups.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 80 - "Regimental information. Only 35% of the unit equipment was up to that current high stands of technology".
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 97 - "Support".
- Field Manual: Merceneries Revised, p. 134 - "Force Specific Rules - Romanov's Crusaders penalties and bonuses".