(References to Rukbat)
Rukbat neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Harawe Akino (Governor)|
Alysson Niitaka (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3075 - Azami Brotherhood 
- 3079 - Azami Brotherhood 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
- - At this point in time the 4th Arkab Legion were deployed across, Rukbat and Shitara. The 4th was at 80% of full strength, with 50% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Planetary Info
Rukbat is a poisoned jewel of a world. Despite the abundant plant and animal life, the vast mineral resources, and a climate much like Terras, the environment is totally incompatible with human and Terran lifeforms. After running the fresh water through purifiers it could be consumed by humans, but the soil was unable to support Terran crops. As a result, Rukbat has had to import most of its food for most of its history.
The only real economy on the world is based on the mining industry. Mining companies were eager to exploit the mineral resources available on the world, and to support their workers they pressured the Star League and Terran Hegemony into providing genetically modified crops and animals to the world. Though marginally successful, Rukbat never stopped having to import its food.
During the Amaris Civil War the Rim Worlds Republic troops who attacked Ruckbat destroyed most of the self-sustaining farms. The Succession Wars made a bad situation worse, and the world's limited agricultural capability was once again destroyed. It wasn't until the Republic of the Sphere took ownership of the world that the planet's odds improved. Several scientists from Clan Wolf and Clan Nova Cat arrived on the world. Their extensive expertise with genetic engineering could reverse the agricultural problems the world has experienced.
Rukbat has several island continents. The largest is Schender Prime, home to New Glasgow and Korbensberg. Those two cities were established to support mining operations. The capital city, Oskart, can be found on Schender Minor. Melrin is the other major continent, and Clan scientists have plans to create an experimental agricultural station there. This facility, Kolivar Enclave, will be the main location for agricultural genetics research on Ruckbat.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 36, "Rukbat World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Mercenaries Regimental Status"