Caph (Individual McKenna-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The SLS Caph was a modified McKenna class battleship and was one of six McKennas in service with the SLDF navy that had been the subject of special modifications to allow them to serve as specialized command ships, each capable of acting as a mobile headquarters for either the First Lord or members of the High Command.
In 2764 the Caph was serving within the Second Fleet and was under the command of Admiral Vincenzo McTiernan; the Caph and the Second Fleet roamed independently within the borders of the Terran Hegemony, constantly searching for signs of intrusion by the various Great Houses. When the coup launched by Stefan Amaris erupted within the Hegemony communications with Terra were lost, but the Caph and Admiral McTiernan survived the devastating early battles of the coup, and the Caph became the command vessel of the secret fleets that operated from the hidden bases of Liberty and Points Freedom throughout the Amaris Civil War.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 46, "First Fleet"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 46, "Second Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 56, "Second Fleet"