- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Sakhalin neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||61.773 : -141.685[e]|
|Recharge time||196 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Nadir, Zenith|
- 1 Sakhalin
- 2 Sakhalin V
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Lopatina, Nogliki, Okhotsk)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||13°C (Boreal)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Aklina Petrov(Governor)|
Lerato Nazarov (Planetary Legate)
Sakhalin V - more commonly referred to simply as Sakhalin - is a cold world with three moons named Lopatina, Nogliki and Okhotsk.
Fourth Succession War
Despite ComStar placing the Federated Suns under a communications interdiction after the invasion of Sarna in mid-3029, the Capellan Operations Command of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns received enough positive reports from the fifth wave of Operation RAT to launch the sixth wave in the second week of August 3029. The decision to launch wave six was in part driven by contact from planetary governments in the unconquered region of the Sarna Commonality, indicating that the perceived threat of being annexed by the Free Worlds League was prompting a groundswell of opinion among those governments that being absorbed by the Federated Suns was a preferable alternative to being conquered by House Marik. The countless raids and invasions by the Free Worlds League Military over the centuries had embedded an intense hatred of House Marik among the planetary populations within the region, and confidence in the Capellan Confederation's ability to defend them was falling.
The Fifth Crucis Lancers Regimental Combat Team was assigned to capture Sakhalin as a part of wave six, and were under the impression that the only garrison on the planet was the planetary militia. The initial landing parties from the Fifth were stunned when they came under attack from the First Battalion of Kamakura's Hussars; the Hussars lived up to their reputation for a lack of battlefield discipline by launching a rash, almost suicidal attack against the Fifth's drop zones. Breaking into lances and dispersing when they met heavy resistance, the Hussars were able to inflict damage and retreat while the bemused Lancers concentrated on securing their drop zones. The Hussars then fought for three weeks before enough damage was inflicted on them to convince them to abandon their hit-and-run attacks and abandon Sakhalin.
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from September/October)
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- Second Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- Kamakura's Hussars (First Battalion) (until October)
- - At this point in time, the 7th was at 80% of full strength, with 75% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
What little is known about Sakhalin describes it as a frozen waste where crops can only be grown in expensive greenhouse environments; the population is concentrated in mining settlements along the equator that depend on food imports from elsewhere.
- The system's name is alternately spelled Sachalin (esp. in German sources), probably to differentiate it from the Lyran Commonwealth world that also bears the name Sakhalin. For that world, see Sakhalin (LC).
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Remshield||35.7||No Return||36.1||Shipka||36.1||Second Try||37.7|
|Kek||44.8||Elnath||45.5||Foot Fall||45.7||Aer (Finnalon)||46.4|
- Operational Turning Poits: Capellan Crusades, p. 4, "Atlas - Sakhalin"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding - 2366 Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 51, "Sixth Wave"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 54, "Sakhalin"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: 2765 Capellan Confederation, p. 23, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Map of the Capellan Confederation - 
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Region Deployment Map - "
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 16, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 12 - "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Chaos March, p. 13, "Alliances"
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2