Saladin Mk II
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|Saladin Mk II HCV|
|Mission|| Harasser |
|Armor||ProtecTech 19 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 175 Fusion|
|Communications System||Scarborough Talky-2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scarborough Tracky 2|
The Saladin Mk II HVC is a redesigned version of the original Third Succession War-era Saladin combat vehicle prized for its hitting power and speed. This new version of the Scarborough Manufacturers' famous line of hovercrafts would be first produced during the mid-thirty-second century.
Its revival would be due in part to the Draconis Combine's invasion of the Republic of the Sphere in the 3130s. The vehicle would later be deployed as part of the forces invading the Federated Suns in 3140s. The Saladin Mk II would be assigned to such regimental units such as the Ryuken-go and later with elements of the Wolf's Dragoons. The Dragoons were impressed with the tank's performance and they purchased many of them for their own use.
Weapons and Equipment
While retaining the speed of the original model, the Saladin MK II is considerably better protected by Scarborough engineers using 5.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor.
The tank's primary weapon is its front mounted Magna Flarestar Snub-Nose Particle Projection Cannon. While this has less punch than the original's heavy Autocannon, the PPC has no ammunition needs, allowing it to keep fighting longer and at longer ranges. to help offset the loss in overall firepower, the Saladin MK II has a secondary weapon in the form of a 4-Tubed Guided Technologies 2nd Generation Streak SRM launcher with 25 rounds of ammunition.
- Saladin Assault Hover Tank - The original version of the Saladin MK II, it was armed with a single AC/20 and was notably thinly armored.
- MUL Online Profile for the Saladin Mk II
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 11 Saladin Mk II - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 116 - Vehicle Record Sheet
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 10 Saladin Mk II - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 10-11, 61 Saladin Mk II - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 10 & 62 Saladin Mk II - Variant Info.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 117
- MUL Profile for the Saladin Mk II HCV (BC3) - Battle Value 2 and Introduction Date.