Samarkand (Individual Samarkand-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The DCS Samarkand was the first-of-class WarShip of the Samarkand-class carrier, launched in 2579. By 2581 the Samarkand had been joined in service by the DCS Benjamin, and both vessels fought against the Outworlds Alliance military during the Reunification War.
Two more carriers later joined the Samarkand and the Benjamin in service in 2585, the DCS Alshain and the DCS Dieron, and all four ships served throughout the Reunification War, although one had been lost in service by the end of the conflict. The remaining three ships assisted in colonization efforts launched by the Draconis Combine after the war, but would remain the only ships built in the first block of Samarkand production; when Coordinator Urizen Kurita II authorised production of the Samarkand to recommence in 2668, it was at a new build standard.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 216, "Samarkand (Carrier)"