Saracen Mk II
|Saracen Mk II HVC|
|Mission|| Missile Support |
|Armor||ProtecTech 19 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 175 Fusion|
|Communications System||Scarborough Talky-2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scarborough Tracky 2|
The Saracen Mk II HVC is a thirty-second century updated version of Scarborough Ltd's old 3rd Succession War design by same name. Produced in 3137 alongside the company’s other hovertank designs, the new Mk II version of the tank became highly popular among Draconis Combine's forces, initially with the Ryuken Regiments. The tank along with its other famous trio of tanks, became a staple unit of many of the DCMS's vehicle formations. The Saracen Mk II would see significant action in the Combine's initial campaign in the heavily contested Draconis Reach region.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by a 175-Rated Omni Fusion Engine, the power plant would allow Saracen Mk II allow the vehicle go 33 kph faster than the original design. The Tank's armor though only ton less than its predecessor's 7 tons of armor, but makes up with superior protection by using Heavy Ferro-Fibrous instead of the standard armor.
The tank's main battery is a single Doombud 7-Tube Multi-Missile Launcher, which is mounted in the turret. While not having laden with number of missile launchers, the flexible Doombud's 2 tons of ammunition makes for difference with heavy throwing power in short and long ranges. Backing up the launcher is a pair of Diverse Optics Extended-Range Medium Lasers, also found in the turret. Giving the tank a reliable and prolonged source of firepower to allow it remain combat effective should its ammo bins run dry during combat.
- Saracen Mk II (BC3)
- Introduced in 3138 by request of DCMS, the BC3 variant is a network version of the standard model. Not as heavily armed as the standard model, the advanced tech variant is armed with 5-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher instead of the 7. Also to make room for the Boosted C3 Slave Unit, engineers would have to drop one of the tank's ER Medium Lasers. BV(2.0)=635
Alpha Strike Card Info - Stats for Standard model of the Saracen MK II includes; Vehicle listed as Striker, attack power 2/2/0)*, IF0, SRCH, and TUR(2/2/0*, IF0)
- MUL Profile for the Saracen Mk II HVC (Standard) - Alpha Strike Card, BV2, and Introduction date included
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 13 & 63 Saracen MK II HVC - BV2.
- CGL's Master Unit List profile for the Saracen Mk II HVC - BV2 & Year of Introduction.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 118
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 12 Saracen MK II HVC - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 12-13 & 63 Saracen MK II HVC - Stats.
- MUL Profile for Saracen MK II's BC3 variant including introduction date and BV2.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 13 & 64 Saracen MK II HVC - Variant Info.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 119
- MUL Alpha Strike Data Card for the Saracen Mk II