A Satchel Charge is a bag which contains the equivalent of four C8 Blasting Blocks and a simple timer, usually set for 15 seconds. Satchel charges are commonly used by infantry for a multitude of purposes, including disabling combat vehicles and BattleMechs, but the requirement to physically place the charge potentially leaves the user open to enemy attack.
- Item: C8, Satchel Charge
- Equipment Rating: D/B-D-C/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 8X/12A
- Range: STR x .5/1/1.5/2 meters
- Shots: 1
- Cost: 210
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 4.5kg
- Notes: -2AP/-2BD per meter; Range applies when Thrown as Grenade
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 138, "Satchel Charge"
- A Time of War, p. 278, "Demolitions Table"