- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
As at 3061 the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Scabbard was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Scabbard, one of ten WarShips that made up the Lum Garrison Fleet. Paired with the Lola III-class destroyer CSR Bloody Talon, the Scabbard was responsible for patroling the shipping lanes stretching out from Lum to the nadir jump point and the Hofburg station located there.
The Avalanche continued to serve in the Lum Garrison Fleet until at least 3067, operating alongside her sister ship CSR Morning Violence, the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSR Avalanche, the Potemkin-class cruisers CSR Bonaventure and CSR Eden Rose, three destroyers - the Bloody Talon, the York-class CSR Corvidae and the Whirlwind-class CSR Drake - and the Vincent-class corvette CSR Huninn.
One of the Snow Raven ships known to have been lost during the Jihad, the Scabbard was one of the ships of the Ice Storm Naval Star committed to support forces from the Ghost Bear Dominion; the Ice Storm Naval Star lost four WarShips during the course of the conflict, the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Blue Quest and Scabbard, the Corvidae and the Huninn.
The combined Clan Ghost Bear and Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the allied coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076; Dyev was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Kervil, Ko, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik. What distinguishes Dyev is that in mid-December 3076 the Word of Blake launched a counter-offensive to try and recapture the planet, with the Blakist ground troops receiving support from a number of WarShips and Pocket WarShips. The resulting battles saw three Blakist WarShips destroyed, the Whirlwind-class destroyer Fire Fang, the Aegis-class WoBS Righteous Fury and the Congress-class frigate WoBS Hollings York. However, the Blakist vessels took on three Ghost Bear WarShips - the Leviathan II-class battleship CGB Rasalhague, the Nightlord-class battleship CGB Ursa Major and the Scabbard. As the Blakist WarShips and their accompanying Pocket WarShips and Assault DropShips engaged the Clan WarShips, a second Blakist force arrived and delivered multiple troop DropShips onto Dyev, with two-thirds of the troops surviving and dispersing to avoid orbital bombardment from the Clan ships. The Clans took a heavy toll on the Blakist WarShips, however; the Scabbard was destroyed and the Ursa Major was heavily damaged, but the Fire Fang, Righteous Fury and Hollings York were all destroyed.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 131, "Lum Garrison Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Fleet Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Autopsy Of Dyev"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 87-88, "Dyev Hit By Blakist Counterattack!"