Scout (BattleMech role)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Scouts operate in the dangerous role of reconnaissance for the main force, utilizing their speed advantage to complete the intelligence mission and avoid hostile weapons fire. Generally not used at the lowest lance levels, but reserved by larger tactical formations, they may also be sent on other specific-criteria missions. When speed is of the essence or when the enemy is supported primarily by other light and fast 'Mechs, the Scout may be the best option.
Though known for their light armor and weaponry both, it is reckless to disregard the Scout. Due to their high speed, other 'Mechs find them hard to target, which is often compounded by the frequent ability to jump. Combine those two factors with heavy cover, the preferred method of approach by a Scout, and the unit has a better than fair opportunity to strike a target from its weakest points. Scouts often team up with medium and heavy 'Mechs that provide cover support and add the increased threat of a more 'dangerous' opponent, often diverting attention away from the Scout itself. This inattention may allow the Scout the opportunity to attack from the rear.
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook