- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Speed||86.4 ground km/h, 1880 overthrust km/h|
1x ER PPC
The Screamer was part of Amaris's plans to create powerful weapons to be able to counter the Star League Defense Force when they would return to the Hegemony and reclaim their homeland. Under duress, scientists and engineers began developing the Screamer at Martinson Armaments. Development of the 'Mech began in 2774, and completed plans for the Screamer were smuggled to General Aleksandr Kerensky. However, the SLDF did not have facilities to produce the design on their own.
Weapons and Equipment
The design shares the same tonnage as the Shadow Hawk LAM. The 'Mech was built as a harasser and quick strike machine. Unlike the original prototype LAM, the Screamer was able to transition into a fighter, 'Mech, or AirMech modes. Powering the design was a 275-rated Fusion Engine and it was equipped with 4 Jump Jets. The equipment gave the Screamer the same movement performance as the older WSP-100 WASP LAM MK I. Ten Double Heat Sinks were fitted into the design to handle the heat signature of the 'Mech while it was engaged in fighting and in flight.
MechWarriors piloting the 'Mech relied on the design's remarkable speeds and nine tons of standard armor to safely harass enemy forces.
The Screamer's only fixed weapon was its right arm-mounted Extended Range Particle Projector Cannon. Its firepower is enhanced with four internal Bomb Bays. The bays are split between its two torsos to allow it to deliver bombs while in fight mode.
As of this writing, there is no Master Unit List profile for the Screamer LAM.
The Screamer LAM has the following Design Quirks
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, pp. 5 & 18 Screamer LAM - BV2
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 68-69 Homecoming Jan-June 2777 - Kerensky and SLDF begin their landings on Terra and Europe theater.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 296-297 WSP-100 Wasp LAM MK I - Wasp LAM Mk I has same exact movement profile in all three LAM modes as Screamer.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, pp. 5 & 18 Screamer LAM - Stats