- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Seabass Flying Submersible|
|Manufacturer||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Use||"Flying Submersible" failed prototype|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Fusion engine|
|Fuel||222 - 4 tons|
|Targeting Tracking System||???|
|Armament||1x Medium Laser|
An attempt to develop a conventional fighter aircraft that could also be utilized underwater, the Seabass prototype developed a failure during its first test flight, causing the seal around the cockpit door to become damaged. This would prove fatal to the test pilot when test pilot Jake "Flash" Warner attempted to submerge the craft following the flight, resulting in his death and a highly publicized lawsuit against Irian Technologies by the pilot's widower. This, coupled with the disappointing results of the tests leading up to the fatal incident, led to Irian cancelling the project.
Weapons and Equipment
Choosing to keep the prototype simple, the Seabass uses very few advanced technologies besides its Amphibious and Submersible Chassis Modification, carrying a single Medium Laser as its only offensive weapon.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles p. 13, "Seabass Profile"