Second Andurien War
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
During a state visit in 2518, the young Kalvin Liao was introduced to Mesillia Allard, daughter of the Duke of Andurien. Immediately obsessing over her, he bombarded the Duke of Andurien with marriage proposals after his rise to the post of Chancellor in 2520. Eight years later, the insane Chancellor decided to force her into marriage by conquering the Duchy of Andurien after executing his twenty-six wives for treason. 
The war began with a multi-pronged assault by ground and naval units on Andurien. Albert Marik, called to the position of Captain-General, tried to counter the Capellan assault with a flanking action. Soon the war engulfed additional systems and raged across a front from Fujidera to Meadowvale. 
Despite being forced to split up his troops to garrison the dozens of affected planets, Albert Marik pushed the offensive back despite numerical inferiority, prompting the mad Chancellor to order the liberal use of nuclear and orbital strikes. Even as the ostensible cause of the war, Messillia Allard, disappeared on Andurien during a bombing campaign, and disgusted Capellan officers resigned en masse, the war went on. The grueling and bloody campaigns shook the Captain-General - who often led the front in a custom-fitted Griffin - so deeply that he became dedicated to lasting peace and eventually the formation of the Star League. 
Treaty of New Delos
The assassination of Kalvin "the Devourer" in 2530 allowed for peace. Under the mediation of Deborah Cameron, Albert Marik and the new Chancellor Mica Liao signed the Treaty of New Delos in the summer of 2531. For Andurien, the treaty reaffirmed that status quo, but allowed for a plebiscite which would offer the Anduriens the possibility of leaving the Free Worlds League. Additionally, it resolved several other border issues and pushed a large sum of war reparations on the Capellan Confederation.
Various books alternatively claim that the Treaty of Delos was signed under the mediation of Director-General Ian Cameron. However, his mother Deborah held that position until 2542; Ian, who in 2531 was only 17 years old, would only ascend to the Terran throne in 2549. It is however possible that he witnessed the negotiation as part of his mother's entourage.
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 7, "The Age of War: A Brief Timeline"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), pp. 37f
- Handbook: House Marik, p.18
- Era Digest: Age of War, p.18
- Historical: Reunification War, p.52
- The Star League, p.35
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.38
- Handbook: House Marik, pp.21f
- Era Digest: Age of War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Paladin (short story)
- The Star League
- Start Date - 2528
- End Date - 2531