- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Semi-Portable Autocannon is a scaled-down version of BattleMech autocannons designed as an infantry support weapon for the express purpose of anti-vehicle use. A rotating multiple-barrel assembly allows for a fantastically high rate of fire without overheating the barrels, though it can only fire in burst-mode, and the weapon has excellent armor penetration for its size. While normally requiring a crew of two, like other semi-portable weapons it can be handled by a single individual wearing a gyroscopic harness, though the multi-barrel design prevents the use of other forms of recoil compensation.
- Item:Autocannon, Semi-Portable
- Equipment Rating: C/C-D-D/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 6B/3B
- Range: 25/75/200/550 meters
- Shots: 200
- Cost/Reload: 2000/150
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 25kg/8kg
- Notes: Burst 20; Recoil -2; Crew 2
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p. 42, "Semi-Portable Autocannon"
- TechManual, p. 258, "Machine Gun"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gun Support Weapons"