7th Donegal Guards
|Seventh Donegal Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Royal Munster Fusiliers (2765)|
|Parent Formation||Donegal Guards|
The Seventh Donegal Guards were stationed on Etiler in 2765. The Seventh was active prior to the 2500s, but they were destroyed in combat with the Draconis Combine at that time. The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces increased the size of their academies briefly, and this surge of trained soldiers allowed the Archon to rebuild the Seventh.
FedCom Civil War
In 3076 the Seventh was stationed on Lyons as part of the Coalition defenders. Also on the world were the Sixth Pesht Regulars. The Seventh, enraged by the thought of the Pesht Regulars exposing the citizens of Lyons to the Draconis Combine's culture, attempted to eject the Sixth from Lyons. Though the Seventh Donegal appeared to have the upper hand the infighting couldn't be allowed by the Coalition. The fighting was ended by General Belle Lee, who arrived on Lyons two weeks after the initial fighting started. The Seventh was returned to LAAF control.
The LAAF promptly reassigned them to Coalition control, this time placing the Seventh into the Free Worlds League task force under Alys Rousset-Marik. Along with the Twelfth Atrean Dragoons, the Devil's Brigade, and the Eleventh Mechanized Cavalry Cluster, the Seventh invaded Hsien. They started off well, facing only the Hsien Protectorate Militia and Hsien's Hotheads, but the arrival of the Fourth McCarron's Armored Cavalry and Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers turned the fight into a three-way brawl. The Coalition commander was able to convince the CCAF forces to focus on the Word of Blake troops, but coordinated actions were impossible. The fighting reduced the Seventh to about half of its original strength.
During the invasion of Terra, the Seventh landed with Alys Marik's task force to take the Sandhurst Royal Military College. Later the Seventh landed on Mars alongside Stone's Liberators, the 11th Mechanized Cavalry Cluster, and the Alpha Galaxies of Clan Nova Cat and Clan Wolf-in-Exile. The Seventh was present when the Blakist commander surrendered to General Andrew Redburn.
Between 3080 and 3085 the Seventh Donegal Guards were reformed as a Light Combat Team and used by the LCAF High Command to garrison various planets and train new soldiers and units. Though relatively easy duty, many of the Seventh's soldiers have applied for transfer to other units more likely to see combat. In 3085 they were stationed on Donegal.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Donegal Guards|
|Daniel Voss-Steiner||3019 to 3067|
The unit uses all forces to soften the enemy up, slowly. First the fighters strikes from the sky, after that the artillery pound on them, and as the last push the swift medium mechs and tank companies deliver the final push.
7th Donegal Guards (Green/Fanatical)
7th Donegal Guards (Regular/Reliable)
7th Donegal Guards Armor Brigade (3 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Lloyd Sommers
Aide: Leutnant Colonel Adrienne Cameron
- 144th Donegal Tank Regiment: Colonel Jay-Jay Carr
- 216th Donegal Light Tank: Colonel Hannah Weisz
- 29th Donegal Artillery Regiment: Colonell Cameron Shah
7th Donegal Guards Infantry Brigade (2 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Erick Dunham
Aide: Leutnant Colonel Ohio Avari
- 523rd Donegal Light Infantry Regiment: Colonel Jaroslav Regusa
- 524th Donegal Light Infantry Regiment: Colonel Porl Warnser
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 11, "Donegal Guards" - Regimental Status
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 10
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 68, "7th Donegal Guards Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 169, "Donegal Guards bio"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 11
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 78-79
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 134
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 100
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 24
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 120 (pdf version), "Unit Deployment Table - 3025"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137