7th Pesht Regulars
|Seventh Pesht Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Future Guards|
|Parent Formation||Pesht Regulars|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Regimental Paint Scheme
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
The Seventh was assigned to garrison duty on Land's End in 3022. The unit assigned meant to world nearly forty years with anything occurring. The unit's dedication to the Combine, was all that kept the unit protesting their unexciting assignment. During this time, commanders of the unit transferred individuals of exceptional ability to frontline units so their talent would not be wasted.
4th Succession War
War of 3039
In 3048, the notorious pirate band, the Band of the Damned had raided world of Kokpekty. The band had been raiding for years, however the DCMS High Command finally resolved to do something about the band. The 7th Pesht's commanding officer of the time, Tai-sa Kurits Benzinger, dispatched the regiment's 2nd Battalion to hunt down the pirates. Commanded by Sho-sa Vance Rezak, he lead his BattleMech battalion of poorly equipped and discarded MechWarriors on a seven month chase through the periphery. After narrowing their pursuit through Draconis Rift, the 2nd Battalion cornered the Damned on a uninhabited world. Reports of the battle had been showed to be fierce, the 2nd Battalion's JumpShip had been disabled by the Pirates after two weeks of fighting. Not publicly, known the unit's commander had request reinforcements and supplies had been ignored by Tai-Sa Benzinger. A year later, Sho-sa Rezak, respectively defeated the Damned's leader and made himself the pirate band's command officer. Then he declared war on Draconis Combine for neglecting his unit and abandoning it. Intelligence sources point that Tai-sa Benzinger was collaborating with original leader of the Damned. It unclear if DCMS High Command was aware of Tai-sa actions.
By mid 3050s, the unit discipline had grown lax. The DCMS High Command has under-supplied the regiments for years feeling the such supplies are needed elsewhere.
In 3058, the unit was moved to Meinacos to reinforce the Eigtht Dieron Regiment as part of preparation for Operation Bulldog. The unit's infantry regiment, Second Periphery Watchers was left behind on Land's End since they were local unit.. The Seventh unfortunately did not arrive in time assist the Eighth from counter-attacked staged by Clan Smoke Jaguar survivors. After the Jaguars being forced out, the Seventh was assigned to Courchevel.
However, things became interesting again for the Seventh when Combine-Ghost Bear War broke out in 3062. Courchevel became target for the Clan Ghost Bear's Third Bear Regulars. The Seventh's years of inexperience finally caught up with them as they faced battle-harden Clan Warriors. The unit was forced to sacrifice battalion's worth of BattleMechs in order make good its withdraw from the planet. The unit withdrew to Byesville, where unit assigned as part the world's garrison force. After the Ghost Bear War the unit began to train extensively in anti-Clan tactics, vowing never allowing themselves routed again by the Clans.
Federated Suns Incursion
During the Jihad, the Seventh was considered by the Draconis Combine High Command to be part of the Combine's allotment of troops to Devlin Stone's Coalition. They were assigned to the Free Worlds League front as a part of Group II under the overall command of Duke Leonard Stewart. While attacking Wasat in early 3077 alongside the Home Guard, the ground based defenses (apparently made up of capital weapons) destroyed a complete company of the 7th Pesht and shattered the Home Guard. When the task force learned of the problems being experienced on Wasat by Group II the second in command of the Free Worlds League front, saKhan Santin West of Clan Nova Cat led Group III to reinforce Group II. Consisting of Clan Nova Cat's Alpha Galaxy as spearhead with the 20th Marik Militia and ComGuard's Fourth Army in support, Group III landed and combined forces with Group II in an assault that the Wasat defenders couldn't coordinate against. Wasat was liberated by early March 3077.
The 7th Pesht and the rest of Group II would face another hard campaign when they were deployed to Elgin on the 3rd of January 3078, where the 1st Elgin Protectorate Militia Division put up a dogged and determined resistance that made the conquest of Elgin both difficult and moderately damaging for the coalition forces, although Group II ultimately prevailed over the Blakists.
Group II landed on Liberty in early April 3078 only to soon find itself locked in a campaign against local Blakist mercenary forces and Capellan-loyalist guerillas. While not mentioned by name as being involved in the conflict on Liberty, it is presumed that the 7th Pesht were there as a part of Group II, and that they remained with the other Group II forces as the coalition troops called for an independent negotiator to try and mediate. As late as June the coalition troops were still bogged down on Liberty even as the remainder of the Free Worlds League task force gathered on Pollux ready for the strike against Terra. It wouldn't be until after the arrival of Lin Murikami, lead negotiator on behalf of Devlin Stone, that a ceasefire would be brokered between the various factions on Liberty.
In the assault on Terra the Seventh Pesht was under the direct command of Commanding General Devlin Stone. Along with Stone's Lament, the 25th Arcturan Guards, the 3rd Free Worlds Legionnaires, Ryuken-ni, and the Ghost Legion, the Seventh Pesht Regulars attacked Hilton Head island in an attempt to decapitate the Word of Blake command structure. Heavy casualties forced Stone to reprioritize, and the Seventh Pesht turned towards Dallas. Outside of Little Rock they faced the Word of Blake's 21st Division. During the final battle between Devlin Stone and Cameron St. Jamais the Seventh captured the main gun control facility at the Word's Devils Tower fortress. Upon their return to the Combine they were reassigned to garrison Midway.
In 3085 the unit sparked a rivalry with the 3rd Pesht Regulars, who regard the Seventh as arrogant upstarts who got lucky during their time in Operation SCOUR. Their deployment to Qandahar shows how the Warlord views them, as does his willingness to send most of the incoming supplies to the rebuilding 6th Pesht Regulars.
The Seventh in this era are being starved of supplies, as they are among the lowest priority. However with their posting on Lima close to the invasion front with the Federated Suns, the Seventh boasts the largest 'Mech complement of the Regulars. The issue of these "acquisitions" to the ISF was been deemed trivial compared to the chaos of the invasion. 
The unit was known in early 31st Century to use all light BattleMechs, however with no specialization in any particular tactics. Chu-sa Susan K'uang-yin of the Third Battalion is an master pilot, and trains those under her command in tricky maneuvers.
7th Pesht Regulars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: General Lorelei Girardin
- CO: Tai-sa Kurtis Benzinger
- CO: Tai-sa Kurtis Benzinger
3059 to 3067
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Han Kao Tsung
- XO: Chu-sa Peter Redmond
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Benjamin Toku
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Susan K'uang-yin
- Wing Commander: Dai-i Hannabil Jones
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Akito Montgomery
2nd Periphery Watchers (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Jerome Fuentes
7th Pesht Regulars (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Bernard Johnsson
7th Regulars Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sho-sa Akiko Sato
Monty's Maulers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jonah Montgomery)
- CO: Tai-sa Danny Rocha
7th Regulars Aerospace Wing (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Sho-sa Alfonzo Maxwell
7th Regulars Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Suzuko Okuma
12th Pesht Guard (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Juliette Conrad
Regimental Paint Scheme
The units are painted white, with green stripes. The only emblems painted on them are the crest of the Draconis Combine and of the Pesht Regulars.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 72, "7th Pesht Regulars unit profile"
- The Periphery (1996) p. 83, "Vance Rezak's Band of the Damned" - 7th Pesht's CO sends a weak Battalions of troops to make it appear he not working with Band of the Damned.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 118, "2nd Periphery Watchers is longer listed with unit".
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 72, "2nd Periphery Watchers note includes Regiment not likely to travel due being under equipt".
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 109, "7th Pesht Regulars update in 3067"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 p. 34, "Status Report" - unofficial ISF report suggesting units for Devlin Stone's coalition which includes the 7th Pesht
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 80, "Terra's Doorstep"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 87, "Chaos Eternal: Death To Tyrants"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 126
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 42
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 56, "Seventh Pesht Regulars"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134,"Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 42, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3050"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 118, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 65, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 147, "Pesht Regulars specialization notes".
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- 20 Year Update, p.42
- Objective Raids, p.28