Shadows of War
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Shadows of War|
|Author||Thomas S. Gressman|
|Cover artwork||Bruce Jensen|
|First published||01 September 1998|
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
|Series||Twilight of the Clans|
|Preceded by||Sword and Fire|
|Followed by||Prince of Havoc|
The novel was made available on BattleCorps on 22 November 2009 as a PDF file (text only, without cover, pictures, or any other interior artwork except for the usual BattleCorps frame graphics). The PDF copy includes a disclaimer stating that it was created from a pre-final edition text that might differ from the printed version and that canon-wise, the print edition trumps the PDF edition.
From the back cover
|“|| The massive invasion force of Operation Serpent has descended behind enemy lines. Their mission is to obliterate the military power of Clan Smoke Jaguar and seize the homeworld of Huntress. Commanding this historic assault is General Ariana Winston of the elite Eridani Light Horse mercenary brigade. After a year's voyage through deep space, they have arrived.
But the battle has just begun. The dangers are more far-reaching than Winston ever feared. And the Jaguar garrison is far more cunning than the troops of the Inner Sphere ever believed. For now, emerging from the shadows, a new threat is bearing down on the Serpent armies. The greatest danger to humanity's future is right in their midst. And it is about to ignite the fires of a war to end all wars.