Skinwalker (Ryoken III)
|Manufacturer||Kali Yama Weapons Industries|
|Chassis||Prototype Hybrid Chassis|
|Engine||330 Fusion Extralight|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||11  (Doubles)|
|Speed||96 km/h (110 km/h with TSM)|
Developed during the mid-Dark Ages in the 32nd Century, the Ryoken III-XP was an experimental medium OmniMech which was first fielded by Clan Wolf. Also known as the Skinwalker, it was created by the newly transplanted Clan Wolf, which had renovated a factory that had once belonged to the former Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. This 'Mech, when it was first deployed into combat, surprised many with its use of a mix of experimental and exotic technologies, the likes of which was rarely seen in Clan design before.
Weapons and Equipment
Built with a mix of Inner Sphere and Clan Technologies, the Ryoken III-XP is a powerful and swift design. Using a combination of a 330-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine and Triple Strength Myomer, the 'Mech is able to achieve speeds up to 110 km/h. Perhaps the most startling innovation included in this design is the Clan Interface Armor, which allows a MechWarrior (pilot) to interface with their 'Mech while being completely armored should they be forced to eject. This combination interface allows the Ryoken III pilot's a degree of control in combat, and removes the need to have a Gyro mounted in the 'Mech. This technology was thought to have been lost at the time of Ryoken III's baptism in combat by Inner Sphere powers. In addition to having its pilot encased in a power-armor interface, the Mech's hull is protected by 11.5 tons of Ferro-Lamellor Armor.
The Prime configuration is armed with two pairs of Extended-Range Large and Medium Pulse Lasers mounted on each of the 'Mech's arm actuators. Backing up the lasers is a pair of 6-tubed Short-Range Missile launchers which are mounted in the torso sides. The launchers are supplied by two tons of ammunition from the center torso. To help alleviate the weapon system's heat burden, two additional Double Heat Sinks are added.
- Alt. Config. A
- Designed as a striker and ideal at all ranges, the A configuration is armed with a number of Extended Range Lasers tied into a Targeting Computer, with a single ER Large Laser and two ER Medium Lasers in each of the Mech's arms. The side torsos mount six ER Small Lasers split in arrays of 3 lasers per side torso. An Inner Sphere-produced Radical Heat Sink is fitted to help cope with the additional heat. BV(2.0)=3,777
- Alt. Config. B
- Fast, quick, and deadly, the B configuration is fitted with medium and short range weapons and a Supercharger to help it get into range. The arsenal includes five Improved Heavy Medium Lasers. These weapons are fitted in the side, center torsos and right arm. The main weapon for close-up combat is a Class-20 Ultra Autocannon mounted on the right arm, with three tons of ammunition protected by CASE II. Enhancing the Mech's survival is a Clan-produced ECM suite. BV(2.0)=3,613
- Alt. Config. C
- Ideal for crippling and capturing enemy units, the C configuration's primary gun is a TSEMP Cannon. Mounted in the right arm, the Taser is backed up by six ER Medium Lasers, split in threes between the side torsos and tied into Targeting Computer. A ATM-9 Missile launcher on the left arm rounds out the configuration. BV(2.0)=4,387
- Alt. Config. D
- The D configuration is fitted with a mix of short-range and melee weapons. Long-range firepower comes from a Clan-produced Class-2 Rotary Auto Cannon mounted in the left arm with two tons of ammunition. Other weapons include a right torso-mounted Bombast Laser, a single ER Medium Laser in the right arm, and pairs of two ER Small and ER Micro Lasers mounted in the left and center torso section respectively. The configuration's melee weapon is a BatteMech Lance.BV(2.0)=2,483
- In the Alpha Strike Rules set for BattleTech, the Ryoken III-XP Prime has been given the Point Value of 36, with Specials including CASE, CR, DN, OMNI, OVL, TSM.
The Skinwalker is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 8-9, & 27-31 Ryoken-XP / Skinwalker - All information on the Unit including Record Sheets.
- MUL Profile for the Ryoken III XP Prime - BV2 and Introduction Year. Profile notes the 'Mech has Advanced Technology versus experimental.
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP A
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP B
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP C
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP D
- MUL Profile for the Ryoken III-XP Prime - Alpha Strike Card Info.