Skinwalker (Ryoken III)
|Manufacturer||Kali Yama Weapons Industries|
|Chassis||Prototype Hybrid Chassis|
|Engine||330 Fusion Extralight|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||11  (Doubles)|
|Speed||96 km/h (110 km/h with TSM)|
Developed during the mid-Dark Ages in the 32nd Century, the Ryoken III-XP was a experimental Medium OmniMech which was first fielded by Clan Wolf. Also known as the Skinwalker, it was created by newly transplanted Clan Wolf, which had renovated a factory that had once belonged to the former Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. This 'Mech when it was first deployed into combat, had surprised many with it's use of a mix experimental and exotic technologies rarely seen on Clan design before.
Weapons and Equipment
Built with a mix of Inner Sphere and Clan Technologies, the Ryoken III-XP was a powerful and swift design. Using combination of a 330-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine and Triple Strength Myomer, the 'Mech is able to achieve speeds up to 110 km/p. One of perhaps most startling innovations included in this design is the Clan Interface Armor, which allows a MechWarrior to interface with their 'Mech while being completely armored should they be forced to eject. This combination interface, allowed Ryoken III's pilot degree control in combat and removes need to have a Gyro mounted in the 'Mech. This technology was thought of have been lost at time of Ryoken III's bastism in combat by Inner Sphere powers. In addition to having it's pilot encased in a power-armor interface, the Mech's hull is protected by 11.5 tons of Ferro-Lamellor Armor.
The Ryoken III-XP's Prime Configuration is armed with pair of Extended-Range Large and Medium Pulse Lasers mounted each of the 'Mech's arms actuators. Backing up the lasers, is pair of 6-tubed Short-Range Missile Launchers which are mounted in the side torso. The launchers are supplied by two tons of ammunition which found in the center torso. To help alleviate the weapon system's heat burden, two additional Double Heat Sinks are added.
- Alt. Config. A
- Designed like a striker and ideal at all ranges, the A Configuration is armed with number of Extended Range Lasers tied into a Targeting Computer. With single ER Large Laser and two ER Medium Lasers in each of the Mech's arms. While the side torsos been given six ER Small Lasers split in arrays of 3 lasers per side torso. A Inner Sphere produced, Radical Heat Sink is fitted to help cope with the additional heat. BV(2.0)=3,777
- Alt. Config. B
- Fast, Quick, and Deadly, the B Configuration is fitted with medium and short range weapons. With additional a Supercharger to help it get into range, the Ryoken III-XP B's arsenal includes; five Improved Heavy Medium Lasers. These weapons are fitted in the side, center torsos and right arm. The 'Mech main weapon for close-combat is a Class-20 Ultra-Autorcannon mounted on the right arm, with three tons of ammunition protected by CASE II. Enhancing the Mech's survival is a clan produced ECM suite. BV(2.0)=3,613
- Alt. Config. C
- Ideal for crippling and capturing enemy units, the C Configuration is predominately a TSEMP Cannon. Mounted in its right arm, the Taser is backed up by six ER Medium Lasers, split in threes between the side torsos and tied into Targeting Computer. Left arm mounted ATM-9 Missile launcher rounds out the Configuration weaponry. BV(2.0)=4,387
- Alt. Config. D
- Perhaps the most usual of the Ryoken III-XP's configurations, the D is fitted with mix of short-range and melee weapons. Long-Range firepower comes from Clan produced Class-2 Rotary Auto Cannon mounted in left arm with two tons of ammunition. Other weapons include; a right torso mounted Bombast Laser, single ER Medium Laser in the right arm, and pairing of two ER Small and ER Micro Lasers mounted left and center torsos respectively. The configuration's melee weapon is a BatteMech Lance.BV(2.0)=2,483
- In the Alpha Strike Rules set for BattleTech, the Ryoken III-XP Prime has been given the Point Value of 36, with Specials including CASE, CR, DN, OMNI, OVL, TSM.
The Skinwalker is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 8-9, & 27-31 Ryoken-XP / Skinwalker - All information on the Unit including Record Sheets.
- MUL Profile for the Ryoken III XP Prime - BV2 and Introduction Year. Profile notes the 'Mech has Advanced Technology versus experimental.
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP A
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP B
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP C
- MUL Profile of the Ryoken III-XP D
- MUL Profile for the Ryoken III-XP Prime - Alpha Strike Card Info.