Small Chemical Laser
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Small Chemical Laser|
|Type||Direct Fire- Energy|
|Ammo Per Ton||60|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||30,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 7 for laser;|
1 for ammo
The Small Chemical Laser is the smallest of Clan Hell's Horses chemical laser systems. Intended for use on combat vehicles that have an ICE or Fuel Cell engine, the chemical laser uses a "shell" of lasing chemicals to create the energy it needs to fire a laser beam at a target. The drawback to this system is that unlike every other laser system that exists, it can actually run out of ammunition. The key advantage to the system is that it will operate on vehicles that lack a fusion engine and it doesn't require power amplifiers.
The Small Chemical Laser also has a range and damage profile identical to a standard Inner Sphere Small Laser. On the Epona and other fast moving vehicles in the Horse's Touman, this isn't a huge problem.
As this weapon is produced only by the Clans, there are no Inner Sphere models.
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- "Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "Chemical Laser"