Small Re-Engineered Laser
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Small Re-Engineered Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||IS = 3130 FS|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3130 FS|
|Advanced Technology Year||3130 FS|
The Small Re-Engineered Laser is an offshoot of experiments to mate a Clan Heavy Laser with a Pulse Laser. Though the experiments were unsuccessful, the resulting Re-Engineered Laser family has the unique ability to ignore the effects of Ferro-Lamellor, Hardened, and Reflective Armor. This allows the Small Re-Engineered Laser to inflict its full damage on units protected by those armor types.
The Small Re-Engineered Laser is the smallest member of the Re-Engineered Laser family. Like all Re-Engineered Lasers, the pulse cycle is so short that it only has a -1 to-hit modifier. It is compatible with Targeting Computers. Aside from its unique armor-penetrating properties, it behaves like a standard Small Laser.
There are no known models at this time.
- Dev-level errata January 15, 2016
- "Field Manual: 3145, p. 244, "Re-Engineered Laser"
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 256-257, "Dark Age Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Dev-level errata January 17, 2016