(References to Small World)
Small World neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Low (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Frederic LaBreu (Governor)|
Armando Sanchez (Planetary Legate)
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Duchy of Small 
- 3062 - Duchy of Small 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
- Sixth FedCom RCT
Small World entered an ice age approximately a thousand years ago. With icebergs floating through its seas and three of its five continents buried under glaciers, Small World's only claim to fame is the radioactive materials that can be extracted from mining operations along the equator. In fact most of the world's wealth comes from supporting these mines. One family, the Smalls, own most of these mines and have been the planet's noble rulers for quite a while. A long-term dream held by the family was to found a star empire; after the chaos of Operation Guerrero this dream briefly came true when Small World became the capital of the Duchy of Small. Unfortunately for the Smalls, the operations to forcibly integrate other worlds under Small World's leadership failed, and the family fell from power. Small World is a world covered by arctic conditions. These conditions made the world well-suited to training in arctic warfare; the Small family leased large portions of the world to the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth for training areas.
Amaris Civil War
During the Star League era Small World became the site of the Army Headquarters for the Star League Defense Force 2nd Army the administrative headquarters of the first region of the Federated Suns and a series of training bases, many of them major. With the eruption of the Periphery Uprising in 2766 the 2nd Army found itself responsible for the entire Federated Suns, and even though the 2nd Army received some reinforcements drawn from the 1st Army this greater astrogeographical area of responsibility naturally led to the 2nd Army being stretched thin.
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra his forces also swung into action on all of the other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds. This included Small World; despite the 2nd Army being deployed across the Federated Suns there were still a large number of personnel from the 2nd Army on Small World, as well as a substantial number of SLDF personnel within the support and training organizations. These people, primarily administrative, support and logistics personnel, posed a risk to the Rim Worlds Republic forces, which had already managed to occupy at least one Castle Brian on Small World prior to the Coup beginning.
The Republican forces hadn't been able to establish a foothold within any of the training facilities or the Military Region administrative headquarters, and as a result when they launched their campaign to take control of Small World they bombarded the Castle Brian housing the Military Region HQ with multiple nuclear weapons while also hitting the various training bases with a combination of nuclear and biological attacks. While these attacks were largely effective, the Republicans didn't manage to hit every training base, nor were they able to track down and hit every location where SLDF equipment was stored; they also failed to capture or destroy all of the war materiel stored across Small World awaiting shipping to the Periphery front. Small World subsequently became a hotbed for resistance against the Republican forces and Stefan Amaris as the SLDF personnel who survived the initial attacks made use of the remaining equipment to form and lead resistance groups across the planet.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 65, "Small World Planet Profile"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 140, "Federated Suns Deployment Table"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 39-40, "Sandoval-Ito: A Study In Success"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 23
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 111, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 23
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179, "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 42, "2nd Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: Mercenaries
- Field Manual: Updates
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Chaos March (sourcebook)