Sniper (BattleMech role)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Snipers are BattleMechs associated with a specific fire-support mission on the battlefield, as characterized by the powerful long-range, direct-fire primary weapons. Though slow compared to the faster Skirmishers and Strikers, speed is not as much as a factor when used at a distance that protects them from the majority of counter-fire. Though this use of a protected position (also known as a "sniper's nest") is shared by the Missile boats, the two are differentiated by the latter's use of indirect fire weaponry. Since the Sniper cannot attack from a completely hidden location, it usually fires from woodlands or other partial cover. It is common to have Snipers protected from fast enemy units by Strikers or Brawlers.
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook, pp. 51, 53
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook