- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3026)|
Halsten’s Brigade were a mercenary Heavy Armour unit. They had a good reputation in the Lyran Commonwealth as a tough nut to crack. The Brigade has been called on numerous times to provide defensive firepower against overwhelming BattleMech forces.
In battle with House Marik forces on Poulsbo in January 3026, a platoon from Headhunter Company discovered an enemy Union DropShip forming a strongpoint. In the morning, both Hammer and Striker Battalions were sent out to destroy it. The battle was fierce against the defending BattleMechs, but the tanks narrowly succeeded thanks in no small part to Private “Sniper” Jones' shooting.
The Cavalry Battalion was usually kept back for special missions, as the Colonel wasn’t a fan of them. The Colonel had even been known to use heavy armor in a reconnaissance role.
|Commanding Officers of Halsten's Brigade|
Private Frederick “Sniper” Jones was a gunner in a Schrek belonging to Headhunter Company. He had a reputation for never missing a shot when it mattered, often downing a BattleMech with a headshot. He called the PPC the fingers and joked about giving someone either “all three fingers” or just “the middle finger”.
Halsten's Brigade (Reinforced Armour Regiment)
- Hammer Battalion
- CO: Major Tucker Sears
- Striker Battalion
- CO: Major Haughton
- Detachment of MPs
- Sniper (short story)
- Technical Readout: 3026, p. 74