- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
First Succession War and Battle of Second Chance
The most notable action involving the Solstice was the defense of the world of Second Chance in early 2787. Part of the Sarna Commonality Squadron, the Solstice was assigned to escort the Du Shi Wang-class battleship CCS Mica Liao and her task force of DropShips and attached aerospace fighters. They were in the system when a Task Force from the Free Worlds League's FWLN Second Fleet arrived to invade the system. Having been alerted by early warning stations of the League task force of three WarShips and attached aerospace assets making a burn in-system, the Solstice's task force plotted and executed a in-system jump from Second Chance's zenith jump point to a pirate point near where the League forces were burning in-system.
Solstice would be the first ship to claim a kill, when its mass driver destroyed the League II-class destroyer FWLS Ospina with one shot. The League forces would assign their surviving League II, the FWLS Otavalo and squadron of attack DropShips to battling harried heavy cruiser. The Otavalo and her escorts managed to evade the Solstice's mass driver twice before getting into the ship's vulnerable aft section and ravaging it's armor plate.
The battle would turned against the Capellans as the Atreus-class battleship Sorunda managed to win it's duel with the ancient Liao battleship. isolating the Solstice and leaving it the focus of the League efforts finish off the Capellan naval forces. Determined to fight till the end, the Captain of the Solstice would have his missile crew use Alamo nuclear missiles to try take as many of the enemy with them as a form of payback for the destruction of Mica Liao by nuclear armed fighter squadrons from the Sorunda. The Solstice took out two DropShips with its deadly nuclear weaponry before being crippled by the combined fire from the League forces. The Solstice exploded after ignoring demands to surrender to the Free Worlds League ships.
With the defeat of the Capellan naval forces, the surviving officials on Second Chance would end up surrendering after a brief bombardment from orbit by the League WarShips.
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 21, "Soyal (Heavy Cruiser)" - Whom had constructed the Soyal-Class.
- First Succession War, pp. 54-55, Path to Sarna/Initial Victory - "Naval Battle at Second Chance