- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Parents||Urizen Kurita II (father)|
|Siblings|| Takiro Kurita|
|Children|| Vincent Kurita|
Soto Kurita is most noted for his marriage; Soto and a young woman named Mary Davion met during a diplomatic mission from the Federated Suns to the Draconis Combine in 2696, quickly became lovers and were soon married. This would have been a relatively routine matter during the period, if it wasn't for the fact that Soto Kurita was the son of the Coordinator, and for the fact that Mary Davion was the daughter of First Prince Roger Davion of the Federated Suns and heir to the Davion throne.
Roger Davion responded to the marriage by passing the Act of Succession, stripping Mary Davion of her right to the throne; Mary acceded to the Act, giving up her rights for her husband. Joseph Davion was recognized as Roger's heir, and the issue appeared to be resolved. Mary and Soto went on to have a son, Vincent, and matters would remain peaceful until Mary's death in 2715. Takiro Kurita produced paperwork stating that while Mary had acceded to the Act of Succession, she hadn't abrogated the rights of her children, and that Vincent should be the legal heir to the throne of the Federated Suns. Takiro's claims were rejected by Joseph Davion, who had become First Prince in 2703 after the death of Roger Davion, and ultimately led to the War of Davion Succession, one of the few open armed conflicts between member states during the era of the Star League and the death of Joseph Davion.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "The Draconis Combine's Line of Succession and Partial Kurita Family Tree"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 16-18, "A Plague On Both Your Houses: The War of Davion Succession (Second Hidden War)"