Space Operations Adaptation
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Space Operations Adaptation is a piece of Battle Armor equipment first produced by Clan Snow Raven in 2900. It is designed to increase the operational flexibility of Battle Armor engaged in deep space missions by providing additional thrusters, arm and feet-mounted electromagnets, and an advanced version of HarJel.
Independently, the Taurian Concordat invented its own version of the same system in 3011 for use on their labor exoskeletons. It was practically identical to the Clan version minus the Harjel, and has been adapted for use on Inner Sphere Battle Armor.
Space Operations Adaptation weighs 100kg. Although it only takes up one space slot, only one may be equipped per suit. Suits that are intended for use in vaccum do not need be have this device equipt to it.
The Space Operations Adaptation (SOA) has been called Space Adaptation Gear in various publications including original Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex and later Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery. Writers with Catalyst Game Labs has cited this alternated name is errant.
- TechManual, p. 269
- Questions regarding Space Operations Adaptation
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 15, "Ailette Rescue PA(L)"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 186, "Ailette Zero-G Engineering Exoskeleton"