The Manei Domini were an elite group of cybernetically-enhanced soldiers who served the Word of Blake from approximately 3060 into the early 3080s. Their name is in latin, meaning Hands of the Master.
This warrior-culture answered only to the Manei Domini leadership. The leadership included the Precentor of the Manei Domini, an individual named Apollyon, who answered to an individual known only as the Master.
 Overview of Manei Domini
Typically, Manei Domini are soldiers who have been selected for their fanatical devotion and dedication to the Word of Blake. Normally soldiers who have grievous injuries which require radical reconstruction and implantation are more preferable for Manei Domini selection.
The Manei Domini utilize their own language, aptly named High Dominus, which is a mix of ancient Greek and classic Latin. However the Manei Domini regularly intermix High Dominus with more well known languages such as English. This intermixing understandably confuses others not of the Manei Domini who hear it. Usually it is spoke in greetings to fellow Domini as well as in special chants.
Manei Domini soldiers are known for their fierceness, fearlessness, and fanatical devotion to their duty. They are all rated as elite warriors regardless of rank or duty. In addition, they trust their fellow Manei Domini kin without question further compounding their combat capability. Nearly all Manei Domini are massively augmented with Cybernetics. Some had these hidden and could appear to be totally normal from the outside, in a effort to enhance their undercover abilities. Others where augmented with combat attachments to help them dispatch their foes quickly and horrifically, instilling fear in their targets. Many 'Mech pilots and vehicle crews were given cybernetics that allowed them to directly connect with their 'Mech or vehicle allowing them to pilot their charge as if it was part of them.
 Manei Domini combat style
Manei Domini in combat were lethal ruthless killers, however they were also not berserkers, killing all in sight with no regard for tactics or discipline. Manei Domini would regularly engage multiple targets at once so as to be efficient as possible, whilst occasionally adding the odd gory or grisly kill to demoralize opponents. Manei Domini never retreated out of fear but did make withdrawals when the situation proved untenable, unless a last stand was conducive to the will of their superiors. Manei Domini were almost never captured alive, and those that were almost always killed themselves rather than be interrogated, again unless they saw it as furthering their superiors wishes. Manei Domini would kill all Clan opponents that were captured or surrendered, underlining their utter hatred for the Clans.
 Early History
During most of the 3060s the Manei Domini were reportedly operating strictly as a spec ops organization. Intelligence agencies begun hearing reports on the Manei Domini, starting from Outreach. When Dragoon's Wolfnet begun to hear of Manei Domini, they first believe them to be a covert-mercenary group. Their name in some reports was sometimes mentioned as the Manei Atrocis, or Bloody Hands. Signs of the unit first appeared on the Periphery world of Helios, where the wreckage of a Manei Domini vehicle was found with a Bloody Hand symbol on it. The Domini's level of secrecy caused confusion with Dragoons, which were trying to locate them. Domini activities had been principally located in the Chaos March, but were also found in the Marian Hegemony and Circinus Federation. In the Chaos March, the Domini wiped out Capellan-backed insurgencies, including the Zhanzheng de Guang, on Caph, Fletcher, Hall, Keid and Liberty. The Manei Domini was also waging a war against Wolf's Dragoons' Wolfnet and Seventh Kommandos as well, arranging the brutal murders of many Dragoons members, and organizing bomb attacks to ultimately isolate the Dragoon's Intelligence Service so it could not operate properly.
During this period, the Manei Domini had been attacking other Great House's Intelligence agencies as well. ComStar ROM had reported that the fanatical agents whom they believed were Manei Domini extensively trained in counter-insurgency, espionage, insurgency, and terrorism. They were shown to used self-destruct device. Dead Manei agent were discovered using cybernetic enhancements, but as of this time no one Inner Sphere intelligence agency had yet known who the Manei Domini were or whom they work for.
It was not until the outbreak of the Jihad that the Manei Domini were organized into thirteen military-style “Shadow Divisions”. These forces were initially raised, trained and equipped for a genocidal showdown with the Clans, as most of their augmentations are aimed at besting the genetically enhanced Clan warriors. However with the fall of the Second Star League they were soon unleashed on an unsuspecting Inner Sphere.
The conflict saw the massive expansion of the Word of Blake Protectorate which formed in 3066, and the Domini's Shadow Divisions were dispatched with regular (formerly hidden) Word of Blake Militia Divisions to attack various strategic targets. These missions ranged from crippling the major Inner Sphere nations' capitals and industries to securing vital resources needed to bolster the Protectorate's integrity. Though used to supplement the Militia Divisions, Shadow Divisions were not under direct command of WoB High Command.
By mid-way through the War, Shadow Divisions begun to strike against Protectorate controlled worlds masquerading as House units for unsuspected reasons. Precentor Manei Domini from intelligence reports was being accused by Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais of dispatching the Shadow Divisions in 3075.
 Manei Domini Equipment
The Manei Domini employed a vast variety of equipment, weaponry, cyberware and vehicles, all of which were used to terrifying effect, fear being a primary weapon of all Shadow Divisions and Manei Domini. With their initial conception of totally eradicating the Clans, the Manei Domini had no qualms about using weapons of mass destruction, whether they be nuclear, chemical or biological. The Manei Domini were also not above using captured enemy equipment against their foes.
 Manei Domini Vehicles
The Manei Domini possessed a special array of BattleMechs, Battle Armor, combat vehicles, and Aerospace fighters, with most of the designs being enhanced versions of standard vehicles used by armies before. However, some time after their formation the Manei Domini came into contact with the military engineer Doctor Devon Cortland, who was able to develop many new series of armor, fighters, OmniVehicles and OmniMechs. Cortland, also known as Precentor Vapula, designed this technology for exclusive Manei Domini use by implementing cybernetic interface systems in almost all Manei Domini equipment.
 Celestial Series of OmniMechs
One of Doctor Cortland's first endeavors was taking over the failed Grand Crusader II OmniMech project which had floundered. In 3070, the Celestial series' premiere shocked many observers who expected to see only one 'Mech design but were greeted with six instead. These six designs were each named after angelic beings from various religions and were made to appear menacing to all who opposed them, thus adding merit to the designs' namesakes.
|Malak Light OmniMech||Preta Medium OmniMech||Grigori Heavy OmniMech|
|Deva Heavy OmniMech||Seraph Assault OmniMech||Archangel Assault OmniMech|
 Demon Series of Battle Armor
Designed to accompany the Celestial Series OmniMechs in battle, the Demon series first appeared in 3070 in various hot-spots on the battlefields of the Jihad. Like the Celestial Series, these Battle Armor seldom appeared outside the ranks of the Manei Domini. Also in line with the Celestial Series, the Demon Series of Battle Armor were each named after various demons of ancient lore and were aesthetically designed as such.
|Djinn Light Battle Armor||Asura Medium Battle Armor||Se'irim Medium Battle Armor|
|Tengu Heavy Battle Armor||Nephilim Assault Battle Armor||Shedu (Quad) Assault Battle Armor|
 Spectral Series of OmniFighters
The Spectral Series of OmniFighters begun to appear on Gibson in late 3071. The three designs share similar design features which include a small cockpit and collapsible wing structures. The collapsible wings were designed to reduce the fighter's profile in space, thus allowing it to be mistaken for an escape pod or small shuttle. However this advantage was more accidental than intentional by Doctor Cortland: his goal was to improve the vector thrust characteristics of the fighters in space.
|Shade Light OmniFighter||Rusalka Medium OmniFighter||Striga Heavy OmniFighter|
 Serpentus Series of OmniVehicles
The Serpentus Series was the name of the Word of Blake's ground Combat Vehicles series, which made its first appearance in the early 3070s. Only one of this series managed to reach production, which was named the Bolla. Names or types of vehicle which were slated to be part of the Serpentus is publicly unknown.
|Bolla Stealth Tank|
 Spectral LAM Series
The Spectral LAM series were a trio of new Land Air 'Mech designs, utilized by the Word of Blake's elite armed forces in very limited numbers. The series first emerged in 3075 and saw limited production a year later, deployed from both factories on Terra and Gibson. The Spectral LAMs utilize a combination of old Star League and Clan technologies to increase these new designs' potential. However, each of the designs disappeared due to a lack of parts after both factory sites were lost in the fighting.
|S-PW-1LAM Pwwka||S-YR-1LAM Yurei||S-WN-2LAM Waneta|
 Omni Configuration Names
Like all Omni related vehicles/'Mechs/etc, they have a number of configurations. However, instead of using common configuration names such as "Primary" or "A Config", Latin terms are instead used. Other follow-on OmniVehicles and OmniFighters have used the same naming conventions.
|Conventional Omni Names||Primary Config.||A Config.||B Config.||C Config.||D Config.||E Config.||S Config.||U Config.|
|Manei Domini Names||Invictus||Dominus||Infernus||Comminus||Luminos||Eminus||Caelestis||Exanimus|
 Manei Domini Cybernetics
This is a brief listing of the array of cybernetics that are offered to the members of Manei Domini. All Manei Domini agents receive enhancements, however their availability is dependent upon the job and rank of the individual soldier. For example, an Alpha-ranked agent is limited to two to three minor enhancements while one of Omicron rank can posses up to ten highly-advanced enhancements.
 Cosmetic Enhancements Implants
- Cosmetic Enhancements
- - These alterations to the agent's body are designed to enhance their physical characteristics enhancement to make them either beautiful for undercover work or grotesque for combat. Cosmetic Beauty Enhancements improve the appearance and sexual appeal of the subject, enhancing their skills at negotiation and the seduction of enemy agents. Cosmetic Horror Enhancements meanwhile alter the subject's body to appear more frightening, useful for intimidating an opponent or interrogating others. These enhancements are available to any Manei Domini member.
- - These replacements for a person's hands, feet, arms and legs are similar to the standard Type Four and Type Five artificial limbs used by other Inner Sphere organizations. They are typically easy to spot unless the subject has undergone Cosmetic Enhancements. These enhancements are available to any Manei Domini member.
- Enhanced Prosthetics
- - Enhanced Prosthetics are the same as regular prosthetics, however they have been designed to allow a tool or weapon to be mounted on or within it. Agents can conceal anything from a laser pistol to a shotgun or a vibroblade within one of these limbs, or incorporate grapples or magnetic enhancements to allow better swarming during anti-BattleMech attacks. These enhancements are available to any Manei Domini member.
- Improved Enhanced Prosthetics
- - This a more advanced limb-based Enhanced Prosthetics, which allows for an additional weapon or tool to be integrated with it. The more advanced Manei Domini typically has this type of prosthetic. These enhancements are available to Manei Domini of Omega rank and higher.
- Prosthetics Leg MASC
- - The PL MASC, developed by 3072, is a miniaturized form of BattleMech-style Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry (MASC). This enhancement allows for quick burst of speed, up to twice their normal running speed, during combat. The legs are designed with safety devices to prevent the actuators from shutting down from breakage, limiting their activation only once every 5 seconds. These enhancements are available to Manei Domini of Omega rank and higher.
- Secondary Power Source
- - The Secondary Power Source provides additional power for using prosthetics, reducing the dependency on biological energy sources such as blood sugar. These secondary power sources are charged with the same power chargers used for energy weaponry and equipment. These devices are installed directly into the limbs themselves. This enhancement is available to any Manei Domini member.
 Pain Control Implant
- Pain Shunt
- - The Pain Shunt is less of an implant and more a surgical procedure that allows a person to ignore pain, whether from an injury sustained or the constant effect of their other implants. However, this enhancement also causes clumsiness due to the deadening of the user's tactile senses. These enhancements are common for users of VDNI enhancements (i.e. MechWarriors, Aerospace Pilots, vehicle crews) and allow them to ignore stunning effects (like pain) from taking hits in combat. This enhancement is available to any Manei Domini member.
 Chemical Sprayer Implants
- Pheromone Effuser
- - This is a implant designed specifically for covert use, making it rarely seen among combat-oriented agents. It is a dispenser hidden either inside agent's month or nose and uses chemicals from the agent's body to produce a strong mixture of pheromones. This is then dispensed by the agent blowing on their intended target, reducing their emotional and mental defenses. Despite using the subject's own body to produce pheromones the device must still be re-charged by oral or other means every two weeks. This enhancement is available to Manei Domini of Omega rank and higher.
- Toxic Effuser
- - The Toxic Effuser uses the same basic principles as the Pheromone Effuser. This device is commonly used for covert, infiltration operations, but can also be found on the battlefield. Similar in design to the pheromone effuser this device instead dispenses chemicals from either nose and mouth which can kill within seconds anyone who inhales it or otherwise allows it into their body. Typically, Manei warriors will have filtration implants to protect themselves from the effects of this device due to its nature, although some amount of resistance to the chemicals is natural for those who receive this implant. This enhancement is available to Manei Domini member of Tau rank and higher.
 Audio / Visual / Communication Type Implants
- Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant
- - These audio and visual implants range in various models differing by their various abilities. However, most implants are limited in their capabilities, requiring the instillation of multiple implants for a wide-range of abilities. Cybernetic eyes can be incorporate infrared, electromagnetic, telescopic or laser sighting capabilities; cybernetic ears can enhance the subject's audio ranges or intercept radio signals to a distance of 100 meters; speech implants can modulate the subject's speech or allow them to speak in ultrasonic frequencies which can only be heard by cybernetic ears. These enhancements are available to Manei Domini of any rank.
- Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant
- - The multi-module type of Audio-Visual implant allows for two abilities per implant verse the one in the Standard Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implants. For example a Cybernetic Eye could have both infrared and telescopic abilities. The Multi-Modal also enhances the capabilities of Domini Warriors with the Vehicle DNI implant to interact with their vehicle. These enhancements are limited to Manei Domini of Omega rank and higher.
- Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant
- - The Enhanced models are highest grade of audio-visual cybernetic implants. They are reserved for the most elite of Manei Domini warriors, those of Sigma and Omicron rank only, as they allow three greatly-improved abilities per implant.
- Recorder/Transmitter/Receiver/Communications Implants
- - These implants are designed to interact with Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech implants. They give the ability to record, transmit and receive data, allowing for two-way communications for its user and another with similar implants. A maximum of two such implants are allowed per user. Record units can record for up to six hours, while transmitter and receiver units have a range of one hundred meters. These enhancements are available for all Manei Domini members.
- Boosted Recorder/Transmitter/Receiver/Communications Implants
- - Improved version of the standard implants, recorder implants can record for up to twenty-four hours while transmitter and receiver implants have a range of one kilometer. They are usually found on the more enhanced warriors of the Manei Domini, being limited to those of Tau rank and higher. An Infantry or Battle Armor unit whose soldiers all have the Boosted Communication Implant with the Multi-Modal Eye or Ears implants can also join a C3i Network as a unit.
 Life Support Type Cybernetic Implants
- Filtration Liver/Lung Implants
- - Receiving filtration implants for the lungs and/or liver allows for the Manei Domini warrior to safely survive in tainted atmospheric environments or ingest dangerous chemicals, making them quite useful for operating in an area after a chemical attack. These implants are limited to those of Omega rank and higher.
 Vehicular Control Type Implants
- Vehicular Direct Neural Interface
- - Also known as VDNI, this cybernetic implant allows a warrior to "plug-in" into their respective vehicle ('Mech, Battle Armor, Vehicle, & Aerospace Fighter), allowing a single VDNI warrior to replace the function of multiple crew members as long they have correct skills in operating that type of vehicle. The technology is similar to the Clan's Enhanced Imaging implants but unlike EI, which was known to have negative effects on the user's mind after a short length of time, VDNI incorporates an improved safety system and through the use of certain chemicals will allow the user to survive as long as 10 years before terminal brain damage accrues. VDNI implants are limited to Omega-rank Manei Domini and higher.
- Buffered VDNI
- - This is an upgraded version of the VDNI implant, which protects the warrior from some of the neurological side-effects that the standard VDNI implant brings and improves their lifespan to 15 years until terminal brain death occurs. The Buffered VDNI also allows for the user to pilot vehicles, 'Mechs and Aerospace Fighters which have small cockpits without a degradation in capability. Only Sigma- and Omicron-ranked Manei Domini can receive these implants.
 Strength & Armor Implants
- Myomer Full-Body Implants
- - These Myomer-based implants increase the strength and defenses of the user, and may be implanted together or separately. Similar to the Elective Myomer Implants pioneered by the Capellan Confederation, these enhancments greatly affect the strength and durability of the subject. For example, a warrior with one of these implants can handle a support weapon which would normally require a crew of two by themselves without difficulty, while being implanted with both allows them to handle a three-man support weapon. Only Manei Domini of Tau rank and higher may receive these implants.
- Dermal Myomer Armor Implant: This implant armors the individual against harm from close-combat and small-arms attacks, however those with the implant suffer from negative cosmetic effects.
- Triple-Strength Myomer Implant: TSM-based Myomer implants give operatives incredible strength, but have been known to cause pain, forcing individuals to take medication (or receive a Pain Shunt) to endure the constant headaches. Field operatives of the Manei Domini have used this increase strength to horrific effect against their opponents. It should be noted that TSM implants cannot be used with PL-MASC implants.
 Manei Domini Ranking & Classes
The Manei Domini’s ranking system uses both the standard Word of Blake ranking system and their own, in addition to a separate classification system. Rank seniority goes by seven characters from the greek alphabet, with the first being the lowest rank. Also the occupation of the various members of the Domini are given in their full rank as well.
Example: A soldier's birth name is Sarah Marshal and the her occupation is a MechWarrior. If being addressed to, she could answer to as Adept Marshal or as Phantom Adept Beta Marshal.
| Manei Domin Rank
|Class Designator||Primary Function||Cybernetic Implants Required|
|Ghost||Reconnaissance||Ear or Eye implant|
|Wraith||Infiltrator||Cosmetic Implants (non-horror type)|
|Banshee||Defense||Full-Body Myomer implants|
|Phantom||Vehicular Pilot||Vehicular DNI Implant|
|Poltergeist||Special Operative||Any Implants|
 Shadow Division Force Specific Abilities
BattleTech has special Force Specific rules that allows enhancement of game play when playing against a specific. The Shadow Divisions each have their own unique traits, abilities, and even penalties. In addition to these specific abilities, every Shadow Division also has several standard Force Specific abilities: Immunity from Forced Withdrawal Rules, they can negate Overrun Combat, and Forcing the Initiative abilities an opposing force may have.
|Force Specific Ability/ Name||Who it Effects||What it does|
|Forced Withdrawal Immunity||Shadow Division||Immunity to effects of this ability in scenario|
|Overrun Combat Immunity||Opposing Player's Force||Opposing Player's Overrun Combat ability is negated|
|Forcing the Initiative Immunity||Opposing Player's Force||Opposing Player's Forcing the Initiative ability is negated.|
- ↑ A Guide To Covert Ops p. 105 - organization translated name.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 119 - "Rules Annex" - Manei Domini - Creation rules mentions Domini existed during the 3060s as small special operation teams.
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 81 – "Apollyon profile" – Title of Precentor Manei Domini and him answering only to the Master are listed
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 123 – "Requirements of becoming a Manei Domini".
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 122 - "Rules Annex" - language of Domini Manei and it usage.
- ↑ Interstellar Players p. 15 - "The Sixth of June"
- ↑ A Guide To Covert Ops p. 105 - Manei Domini - the schetchy early history of organization from ops book.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 p. 50 - Feuding Children - St. James transcription with Apollyon about Shadow Division attacks.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 100 - "Grand Crusader II Variants" - Variant sections the OmniMech project due in 3070.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 134 - "Dr. Copeland takes over the failed Grand Crusader II OmniMech project and makes into new series of OmniMechs".
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 142 - "Djinn Battle Armor" - Early stories describe the beginnings of the Demon Series of Battle Armor.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 102 - "Striga Heavy OmniFighter profile" - Striga appeared in late 3071 with lighter sisters fighter appearing later.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 98 - "S-HA-O Shade" - Capacities - Collapiable Wings ablities.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, pp. 112-113 - "Bolla Stealth Tank" - OmniVehicle series name given.
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 138, 155-160, "Spectral LAM series info".
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 page 128 - Rules Annex - Manei Domini's Boosted Communications with Multi-Mod implants allows for infantry or Battle Armor units to join Improved C3 networks.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 129 - "Buffered VDNI" - Implant ignores small cockpit penalties, while standard doesn't.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pp. 130-131 - "Details of Full-Body Implants for Manei Domini warriors".
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 pp. 121,123-124 - Rules Annex/Manei Domini Classes/Manei Domini Nomenclature: - Manei rank/class structured explained and chart provided.
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142 - "Rules Annex/Force Specific Rules" - Shadow Division (General) Force Specific abilities & 45th Shadow Division.