St. Ives Armored Cavalry
|St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3058)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Confederation Armed Forces|
The provincial forces of the St. Ives Commonality and St. Ives Compact, the St. Ives Armored Cavalry are the most elite force in the region. Traditionally, war material of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry is painted gray-green, with highlights specific to each command.
After the Capellan-St. Ives War the St. Ives Armored Cavalry units only remained because Duchess Candace Liao promised that they would never be deployed outside the borders of the St. Ives Commonality without her permission.
During the Jihad the First and Second St. Ives Lancers counterattacked Federated Suns units that participated in Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE. The various regiments of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry proved their loyalty to the Chancellor and the Capellan Confederation with their actions in the Jihad, and while the SIAC remained apart from the regular CCAF military because of their St. Ives origins, by 3081 they were once more one of the premiere assault commands of the Confederation. However, there was a degree of internal tension within the SIAC because of the stance Kai Allard-Liao took regarding the Republic of the Sphere; in calling for peace between both states he set himself apart from the attitude of the bulk of the brigade, who were keenly anticipating orders from the Chancellor to attack the Republic and reclaim Capellan worlds. Allard-Liao's stance prompted calls from those within his personal command, the 1st St. Ives Lancers, for him to stand down; it was notable that many felt that Allard-Liao's stance was due to emotional exhaustion after years of combat, rather than an act of treachery or disloyalty.
In 3085 the Armored Cavalry has been fully reintegrated into the CCAF. The Cavalrymen now think of how their actions will affect the Confederation as a whole, as well as St. Ives Commonality. The Armored Cavalry took part in Operation GOLDEN FORTRESS, and took serious losses during their fight with The Republic of the Sphere. During this fighting, Kai Allard-Liao refused an order from the Chancellor. Several St. Ives troops denounced him as a traitor and forced him to flee the unit.
 Units of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry
- 1st St. Ives Lancers - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- 2nd St. Ives Lancers - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- St. Ives Cheveau Legers - (Destroyed in the Capellan-St. Ives War)
- Justinia's Cuirassiers - (Surrendered - 4th Succession War)
- Devon's Armored Infantry - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- Stapleton's Iron Hand - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- Cochraine's Goliaths - (Destroyed - 4th Succession War)
- Shepard's Mounted Fusiliers - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- St. Ives Academy Training Group
 Colors and Unit Insignia
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 29
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 18
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 99, "The St. Ives Armored Cavalry"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 25
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 103 - "St. Ives Armored Cavalry bio"