Star Adder (species)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|(Bitis Astralis Strana Mechtis)|
|Type||Genetically altered snake|
|Average mass||10 kg|
|Average length||150 cm|
|Average height||10 cm|
The star adder was created and introduced into the northern plains of Strana Mechty to combat the crana, a rodent-sized insect responsible for spreading diseases. Noted for its shimmering black scales with white spots, the star adder is highly aggressive. It will attack anything which enters its territory, whether prey or predator.
While its appearance might suggest its name, the star adder earned its moniker due to its unique nightly behavior. Stellar displays, similar to the auroras of ancient Terra, occur frequently in Strana Mechty's northern atmosphere. Each time, the star adder will rear and sway in response to the solar winds hitting the planet's magnetosphere.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 145, "Creatures"