Star League (Individual McKenna-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The SLS Star League was a modified McKenna class battleship and was one of six McKennas in service with the SLDF navy that had been the subject of special modifications to allow them to service as specialized command ships, each capable of acting as a mobile headquarters for either the First Lord or members of the High Command.
Jonns Ezenwa was appointed to command of the SLS Star League and its associated squadrons in 2738; he would serve in that role for almost a decade before earning his first flag and command of a squadron within the Eighteenth Fleet. Ezenwa would return to the First Fleet subsequently as the commanding officer of the SLS Terra, flagship of the SLDF navy.
In 2764 the Star League was under the command of Vice Admiral Constance Peterson and was the command ship of Star Squadron, the First Lord's squadron within the First Fleet, and spent most of its time above Terra or deployed within the borders of the Terran Hegemony.
During Stefan Amaris' coup; the Star League attempted to support SLDF forces fighting at Geneva and Unity City and assist in the evacuation of the First Lord and senior government staff. The Star League was lost in battle over Unity City, engaging Republican forces while also trying to provide orbit-to-surface support. It was during this battle that the Star League's sister ship the SLS Enterprise was able to destroy the Rim Worlds Republic flagship as the RWS Stefan Amaris and its escorts engaged the Star League.
- Historical: Liberation of Star League Volume 1, p. 46, "First Fleet"
- Historical: Liberation of Star League Volume 1, p. 46, "Second Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 44, "First Fleet"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 79, "Struggle For The Terran System"