(References to Stein's Folly)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 159.62 Y: -201.78[e]
Planetary System Description
The system's star is described as a K6-class star, with the jump points 0.9 AU (astronomical units) from the star and the planet 0.37 AU; at 1g acceleration, travel time from the jump point to the planet is slightly over 67 hours. At one point the "larger" moon of Stein's Folly is mentioned, indicating the planet to have (at least) two moons.
- Ca. 2318-2339 - Federated Suns 
- 2366 - St. Ives Mercantile League 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
The Federated Suns had formed in 2317, and when the Muskegon Empire joined the Federated Suns in 2318, the Federated Suns inherited a dispute with the Chesterton Trade Federation along with a border with at least one Capellan state - and when the Marlette Association joined the Federated Suns in 2324, the Federated Suns shared a border with almost every major nation in the Capellan Zone. That led to numerous border skirmishes and contested worlds, including Stein's Folly. As Terra's power began to rise after James McKenna overthrow the Terran Alliance government and installed the Terran Hegemony, the Stein's Folly system into dispute. The Terran Hegemony seized 11 independent worlds within the Capellan Zone between 2316 and 2335, as well as siding with the Federated Suns and Free Worlds League when it came to any systems disputed between them and the various nations in the Capellan Zone - systems which included Stein's Folly and the nearby system of Redfield, as well as several other systems in the area.
In 3025, Stein's Folly had been invaded and temporarily occupied by the Capellan Confederation's Death Commandos, 1st St. Ives Lancers, and McCarron's Armored Cavalry after the CCAF had taken Redfield.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- The Sword and the Dagger, p.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 19, "Terra Resurgent"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 19, "Timeline: New Avalon and Federation"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 20, "Capellan Zone Border Wars"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 19-20, "Muskegon and Chesterton"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 20, "Marlette and Tikonov"
- The Sword and the Dagger, p.