- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Stork Light Refueling Craft|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed Wing|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||5 tons|
|Armor||5.5 tons (BAR 10)|
|BV (2.0)|| 468|
The Stork was a Capellan Confederation flying tanker. Developed in a time of Capellan economic crisis, it was supposed to be a cheap way of extending a fighter's range. The vessel proved successful in its primary mission. Some talented crews, such as one on-board the Stork named Enola (the longest serving Stork in Capellan service), managed to achieve kills of hostile fighters or VTOLs. These crews are the exception rather than the rule. Most Stork crews simply do their jobs day in and day out, with little fanfare.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Stork could withstand small attacks from enemies thanks to its quartet of AMS systems and five and a half tons of armor, which was focused on protecting the nose and tail of the aircraft. The onboard fuel tank carried enough fuel to refill three fighters, making two Storks capable of refueling a whole squadron of fighters.
To deter the crew from engaging in combat, the Stork was equipped with a pair of SRM-4 launchers. Though these can be effective weapons, the Stork crew typically used them to cover their escape from a combat situation. These weapons are also useful against lightly armored ground targets, like conventional infantry armed with missiles.
The original Stork model lacked the Anti-Missile Systems of the most commonly used model. This gave it a liquid storage capability of nearly twenty-four tons. BV (2.0) = 329
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 240, "Stork Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 138
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 139