Condor (DropShip class)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hinsdale Elec, Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||Pitban 1350-XRB|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||208 tons|
|Fuel (days)||113 days|
|Armament|| 1x PPC |
5x Large Lasers
8x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| 33 tons |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||8/10|
The Condor is a military aerodyne design. Its wings are extremely sturdy and less susceptible to control surface damage than those of other aerodyne DropShips. The wings are crisscrossed with structural bracing and contain fuel bunks, weapon bays and landing gear, but also considerable "dead" space, accessible via a series of passageways, which Condor crew rarely reveal to non-crew and reserve for up to ten tons of "off the record" cargo.
As infantry carriers go, the Condor features unusually spacious barracks-style quarters for its infantry troops, as well as a very well equipped medical facility for the ship's size which can handle six emergency cases simultaneously.
Like many troop carriers, the Condor features a merely adequate weapons array, with a single PPC, LRM-15, AC/5 and twin Medium Lasers mounted in the nose, with a AC/5, two Large Lasers and two medium lasers carried in forward facing mounts in each wing. A single large laser and two more mediums ward the rear, while four tons of autocannon munitions and three tons of missile reloads provide reasonable endurance during combat.
On paper, the Condor features total four-hundred ton cargo capacity, divided between facilities to carry 336 infantrymen (12 platoons), and up to twenty light combat vehicles to carry them, with ten tons of "off the record" storage capacity in the wings.
- After the Fourth Succession War, about two dozen Condors have been converted to hospital ships, with the cargo bays replaced with treatment wards for 150 patients and 75 medical staff and the operating theaters expanded to allow up to ten surgeries performed simultaneously. Of these vessels, which have been nicknamed Doves, ComStar fields twelve, while the remainder is distributed among the various Successor State fleets.
- First introduced in 3054 by Nimakachi, the upgraded Condor switches the PPC and Large Laser for extended range models and adds Artemis IV FCS to the LRM launcher. While the heat sinks were replaced with Double Heat Sinks, the proximity of the PPC to the missile launcher caused the Artemis system to malfunction, resulting in the movement of the heat sinks to cope in models launched after late 3055. BV (1.0) = 2,549, BV (2.0)= 2,841
Condor Ship Gallery
- Dropships and Jumpships, p. 17
- MUL online date for the Condor (DropShip class)
- Dropships and Jumpships, p. 35
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 230
- Dropships and Jumpships, p. 34
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 40
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 134, "New Class of Dropship to be produced by Dalton shipyards by 3069".
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 17
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 231