Striker (Combat Vehicle)
|Striker Light Tank|
|Armor||Valiant Buckler Standard|
|Engine||155 InterComBust I.C.E.|
|Communications System||Wunderland XXI-3 series|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wunderland XXI-3 series|
The Striker Light Tank started out as a joint project venture between Valiant Systems and Wunderland Enterprises on the world of Johnsondale. They united in their efforts to create a joint company known as Valiant Vehicles, with the Striker being their first product.
The low cost light fire support tank became mainstay of the AFFS after its introduction in the first decade of the thirty-first century, and orders for the Striker soon outstripped the Valiant production line's capacity.
The Striker, refitted with Star League technology, first returned in the 3040s when Valiant was able to catch up with production demands for its tank. The Striker was later produced for the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth during its relatively brief existence, and was therefore spread to the Lyran Alliance. Limited production runs of the vehicle were later delivered to the Draconis Combine in exchange for new technology to be added to the Striker.
Weapons and Equipment
The tank's principal weapon is its Valiant "Heavy Crossbow" 10-tube Long Range Missile launcher, which is limited to 12 shots. For close range combat, the tank is fitted with a Valiant "Pilum" 6-tube Short Range Missile Launcher, with 30 rounds. Both launchers are found in the Striker's turret.
- Striker Light Tank (3053/3058 Upgrade)
- The Striker received a major refit during the 3040s, where its Internal Combustion Engine was replaced with a Fusion Engine. Several tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor replaced the original's standard armor. The Vehicle's LRM launcher was upgraded to an LRM 15, and further enhanced with an Artemis IV fire control system. The original, larger SRM launcher is exchanged for a pair of Streak SRM 2 Launchers, both of which are limited to a single ton of ammunition. BV (1.0) = 449, BV (2.0) = 691
- Striker Light Tank (C3 Variant)/(3061 Upgrade)
- A Draconis Combine version of the of the "3053" Striker. The SRM launchers and its ammunition are dropped for a single turreted mounted ER Medium Laser, the LRM 15's ammunition is brought up to 16 rounds and the tank is also given a Guardian ECM Suite and a C3 Slave Computer. BV (1.0) = 525, BV (2.0) = 775
- Striker Light Tank (Laser Variant)
- This 3062 version is a field modification to the C3 variant of the Striker. This variant is found in the Draconis March, where this version drops its C3 Slave Computer. The vehicle was given an additional ER Medium Laser, and the LRM ammunition was brought up to 16 rounds. BV (1.0) = 610, BV (2.0) = 860
- Striker (Sealed)
- Similar to the "Wet Striker", this variant uses a sealed hull and Fuel Cell engine. The weapons have been replaced by a pair of MML-5 launchers with 3 tons of ammo and a Guardian ECM Suite to disrupt enemy electronics. A Light Machine Gun counters enemy infantry. BV (2.0) = 590
- "Wet Striker"
- The "Wet Striker" light tank was designed and built by two former Armed Forces of the Federated Suns mechanics for a group of pirates. After trading the standard ICE engine for Fuel Cell engines pulled from IndustrialMechs and sealing the tank hull for amphibious operations, they had four light tanks that could perform amphibious landings. They then replaced the standard LRM launcher with four Rocket Launcher 10s in a secondary turret to provide an overwhelming quick strike capability. The extra space left behind by these modifications was converted into a cargo bay that could be stocked with stolen goods. One of the tanks was captured during their first raid, which allowed the AFFS to list the modifications discussed here. BV (2.0) = 573
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade, pp. 82-83, "Striker Vehicle Profile"
- MUL online date for the Striker (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 95
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 80
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 84
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 96
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 81
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 96
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 82
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 33
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 9
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3026
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085