Striker (BattleMech role)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Strikers are generally fast BattleMechs, second only to Scouts, and armed with what would be considered a loadout of heavy, close-in weapons. In their strike role, they run in to face the enemy units and then let loose with as much firepower as they can unleash quickly. Generally operating in lance formations with other Strikers, they'll attack one designated target until it is removed as a battle-capable unit. While often costly in 'Mechs, these bold tactics often favor significant damage to the enemy.
When operating in a mixed-role formation, Strikers are best paired with heavier units (such as Skirmishers) that can still keep in weapons range, to provide the needed support or to take advantage of the open target the Striker has provided. Movement is the Striker's key advantage, taking care to utilize cover as much as possible until they have closed to short or medium range with their target.
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook, pp. 51-52
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook