Supreme Mech Commander
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Supreme Mech Commander|
|Type||Computer Game Mod|
|Development||Supreme Mech Commander Dev Team|
|Era||Late Succession Wars-Dark Age|
|Series||MechCommander computer games|
Supreme Mech Commander is a total conversion modification for the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance game.
Supreme Mech Commander development began mid 2015. 1st public version v0.264 was released August 21, 2015. Version 0.302, 0.341 and 0.373 followed shortly after. June 27, 2016 version 0.5 was released substantial increasing the number of available units, overhauling the weapon system and adding new mechanics such as AMS and 'Mech Repair Bays docking.
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance Support
Supreme Mech Commander is supported for both standalone and the Steam version. There is currently no support for Forged Alliance Forever (FAF) integration.
Multiplayer, BattleTech-on-BatteTech unit combat is the main focus of the development team, though pains have been taken to add Single Player support. AI play for BattleTech factions is not advised as no AI scripting has currently been done, but AI can control default Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance factions, and Supreme Mech Commander units have been modified to balance. Players can Co-Op against AI-controlled default factions, fight default faction vs BattleTech faction, or wage BattleTech-to-BattleTech faction combat against each other.
Annihilation is the recommended gamemode, particularly if playing vs AI.
The Commander has been replaced by a Lee Dropship, which serves as a starting resource generator and makeshift, tier one unit factory. The Lee Dropship starts with diminished health, and can be repaired to serve as a stronger mid-game defense and deterrent unit, with flight capable mobility. It will go nuclear if destroyed.
Modified Game Mechanics
While game balance took priority, the intent of the developers was to keep the integrity of the tabletop experience while translating it to an RTS format. Callbacks to Mechcommander were also integrated where possible, particularly in some basic sensor suite values. In all other cases, BattleTech values were translated into real world values, then again translated into their ingame engine equivalents. Some licenses were taken for unknown values such as maneuverability of aerospace fighters and VTOLs to lend specific unit role identity, particularly to fighter/attacker/transport craft.
To-Hit probability as a major factor in BattleTech was simulated by projectile flight times and inherent weapon accuracy. Observed factors to accuracy include movement, both by attacker and target, and distance to target.
Unit costs are based on Battle Value (BV 2.0), with mass costs being the base, and energy costs being a multiplier based on unit type.
- Basic ('Mech) 700m
- Intermediate ('Mech) 940m
- Advanced ('Mech) 1050m
- Vehicle 700m
- Vehicle Advanced 940m
- Dropship Sensor 1200m
- Sight Range (Visual Range)
- Infantry 150m
- Vehicle 250m
- Mech 300m
- AeroTech 150m
- Dropship 600m
- BAP 525m Counters ECM and Sensor Range Upgrade
- ECM 700m ECM functions in providing “Ghost Targets”
- AMS 600m Intercepts a small quantity of incoming missiles
As of version 0.501 only Inner Sphere Units are available. Currently there are 63 new units; 14 Mechs, 22 Vehicles, 9 Aerospace, 1 Naval, 1 Battlearmor, and 14 Buildings.
- Alacorn Mk VI
- Condor Davion Variant
- Gürteltier MBT
- Jifty JI-50
- Jifty JI-50 Medium Laser Variant
- LRM Carrier
- Pegasus Sensor Variant
- Striker Light Tank
- Von Luckner
- Saracen Medium Hover Tank
- J. Edgar Light Hover Tank
- SRM Carrier
- Centipede Scout Car
- Scorpion Light Tank
- Leopard Dropship 3056 Upgrade
- Gazelle Dropship 3055 Upgrade
- Stuka STUK5
- Starfire SF1X
- Warrior H-7
- Cutlass CUT-01D
- Cutlass CUT-1E
- Stingray F-90
- Federated Suns Mech Factory
- Federated Suns Vehicle Factory
- Federated Suns Air Factory
- Turret Control Tower
- Heavy Turret Control Tower
- Quad AC/2 AA Turret
- Dual UAC/5 AA Turret
- Large Laser Turret
- Calliope Turret
- Long Tom Cannon Turret
- Long Tom Fixed Artillery
- Auxiliary Power Generator
- Power Generator
- Mech Repair Bay
- Add all of the Mechs, vehicles and buildings that were present in Mech Commander Desperate Measures.
- Have at least 4 Mechs and 4 vehicles per tech level for each faction.
- Have unique units to fulfill specific naval/air roles.
- Game systems
- Faction specific and shared generic units.
- Battletech true speed value for Aero units.
- Vehicle repair bays.
- Ammo system.
- Melee combat.