- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Com Guards Battlefield Data Miners|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Mechanized/Hover (Combat Engineers: Sensor)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||12 (6/2)|
|Primary Weapon||12 Federated-Barrett M42B Assault Rifles|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (F/X-X-D)|
|Transport Weight||14 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–2 (0 Hex), 0 (1-2 Hexes), +2 (3-4 Hexes), +4 (5-6 hexes)|
Sensor Engineers are a special subset of Combat Engineers trained to deploy and monitor Remote Sensors. In the area of electronic espionage though, few match the expertise of ComGuard. Squads of these mechanized surveillance specialists, officially known as Battlefield Data Miners, seed the battlefield with remote sensors in order to track enemy movements and transmissions. Although not always capable of cracking encrypted transmissions in real-time, they can still use signal measurements to locate enemy command posts and direct friendly forces during decapitation strikes.
These specialists carry only M42B Assault Rifles in addition to their stocks of remote sensors, as monitoring the battlefield is their primary mission rather than straight-up slugging matches.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Tactical Operations, p. 340
- Technical Readout: 3085, p.204