Sword of Promise
|Sword of Promise|
One of many WarShips to be disabled and abandoned or lost during the Star League era or the early Succession Wars, the Carson-class destroyer later known as the Sword of Promise was one of a number of ships recovered by the Word of Blake and restored to working order in secret.
The WoBS Sword of Promise was one of two Carson-class destroyers to serve in the Blakist fleet at the height of its power, serving alongside her sister ship WoBS Sword of Enlightenment. The Sword of Promise was a part of the Blakist forces participating in the conflict on Luthien, capital of the Draconis Combine, in the early years of the Jihad, and faced Clan Nova Cat forces when the Nova Cats launched a campaign to liberate Luthien in 3072, with the the vengeful Xi Galaxy arriving on-planet on the 21st of July.
Although the Nova Cat forces withdrew shortly after a decisive confrontation between their forces and the Blakist forces on the 21 August, the 3072 campaign for Luthien saw both the Sword of Promise and the Baron-class destroyer WoBS Light of Hope destroyed.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "J:FRp128" defined multiple times with different content
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 90, "Naval Assets and Militia Divisions"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "Xi Galaxy [Clan Nova Cat]"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"