TAG Spotter Infantry
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|TAG Spotter Infantry|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Foot (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||28 (7/4)|
|Primary Weapon||20 Mark XX Laser Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||8 Infantry TAG Systems|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (E/F-X-F)|
|Transport Weight||3 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hex),|
0 (1-3 Hexes),
+2 (4-6 Hexes),
+4 (7-9 Hexes)
Used effectively by the Stalwart Support infantry unit alongside Heavy Foot LRM Infantry, TAG Spotter Infantry were deployed to frustrate the Word of Blake during their conquest of the world of New Canton. A common tactic was for the Heavy Foot LRM Infantry to take cover in heavy woodland or similar rough terrain, while the TAG Spotter Infantry deployed forward to call in LRM strikes against enemy units. For two years after the Blakists had proclaimed that New Canton had been successfully incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate Colonel Sanders' infantry continued to evade the Blakist forces while inflicting disproportionate levels of damage until they were finally destroyed in 3073.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 6-7, "Key Infantry"