TW Movement Costs Table
See Total Warfare, Page 52.
Movement Cost Table
|Terrain Type/ Activity||MP Cost Per Hex||Prohibited Units|
|Cost to Enter Any Hex||1|
|Terrain Cost When Entering Any New Hex|
|Clear||+0 6||Naval vessel|
|Paved / Bridge||+0||Naval vessel|
|Light Woods||+1 10||Wheeled9, Hover, Naval, VTOL12, WiGE12|
|Heavy Woods||+2 11||Vehicles, Naval vessel|
|Depth 0||+0||Naval vessel|
|Depth 1||+1 1 (Level change MP not included)||Infantry14, Vehicles4, 7|
|Depth 2+||+3 1 (Level change MP not included)||Infantry14, Vehicles4, 7, IndustrialMechs8|
|Level Change (up or down)|
|1 level||+1 (`Mechs VTOLs, Subs, ProtoMechs)||-|
|+2 (Infantry, Ground Vehicles)|
|2 levels||+2 (`Mechs, VTOLs, Subs)||Infantry, Ground Vehicles, WiGE13, ProtoMechs|
|3+ levels||+1/level (VTOL Subs)||`Mechs, ProtoMechs, Infantry, Ground Vehicles, WiGE13|
|Rubble||+1 1||Wheeled, Naval vessel|
|Light Building||+1 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Medium Building||+2 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Heavy Building||+3 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Hardened Building||+4 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Facing Change||1/hexside 5|
|Dropping to the Ground (`Mech only)||1|
|Standing Up ('Mech only)||2/attempt|
- 1 - Piloting Skill Roll required to prevent falling.
- 2 - Piloting Skill Roll required to prevent damage. Infantry pay only 1 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 2 MP) to enter or leave any building.
- 3 - If traveling along road, otherwise cost of underlying terrain.
- 4 - Hovercraft may enter all water hexes along the surface and may enter such hexes such hexes at flank speed.
- 5 - No cost for infantry.
- 6 - If a wheeled Support Vehicle lacks the Off-Road Vehicle Chassis and Controls modification, then movement costs 1 additional MP per hex.
- 7 - Wheeled or tracked Support Vehicles with the Amphibious Chassis and Controls modification can move through any water hex on the surface
at a cost of 2 MP (see p. 56).
- 8 - IndustrialMechs can enter a Depth 2 or greater water hex. However, the IndustrialMechs must mount either a fuel cells, fission or fusion power plant and must mount the Environmental Sealing Chassis and Controls modification to do so. If the IndustrialMech does not meet those requirements, it is considered destroyed if they remain in a Depth 2 or greater water hex (or prone in a Depth 1 water hex) in the End Phase of the turn immediately following the turn in which they entered it.
- 9 - Wheeled Support Vehicles with either the Monocycle or Bicycle Chassis and Controls modification can enter a light woods hex.
- 10 - Infantry pays only 1 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 2 MP) to enter any light woods hex.
- 11 - Infantry pays only 2 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 3 MP) to enter any heavy woods hex.
- 12 - VTOL and WiGE vehicles can enter a woods hex provided their elevation is higher than the level of the woods in the hex.
- 13 - This only applies to WiGE units entering a hex whose level is higher than the unit’s current hex; see Wing-In-Ground-Effect, p. 55, for rules governing entering hexes whose level is lower than the unit’s current hex.
- 14 - Infantry can enter a water hex of Depth 1 or deeper if they are noted as having UMU MPs.
This table has changed somewhat between BattleTech Master Rules, Revised and Total Warfare. New entries for IndustrialMechs, ProtoMechs and WiGE have been added. Other modifiers are unchanged for legacy unit types.