Alpha Regiment (12th Vegan Rangers)
|Alpha Regiment: The Concrete Crushers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Margaret Smythe|
The Twelve Vegan Rangers' Alpha Regiment traces its history back to the original unit that helped Duke Lawrence Nelson reclaim his homeworld. They have fought in some of the most important campaigns of the Succession Wars.
Fourth Succession War
War of 3039
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War Alpha Regiment inflicted heavy casualties on the 3rd FedCom RCT before jumping to Algol to assist the other Vegan Ranger regiments. They destroyed the defending Tikonov Republican Guards on that world, and then redeployed to Addicks to force the 10th Ghost and 12th Ghost off-world.
Margaret Smythe's has served in the past for the AFFS. She lead the unit with great skills.
The unit is experienced in urban fighting, but they avoid every civilian casualty possible. During the last fights in the FedCom Civil War they surprised the enemy with combat drops.
The techs can repair all damages that can occur.
Alpha Regiment (Elite/Reliable) 
Alpha Regiment (Elite/Reliable) 
- CO: General Tom Stancel
- The 1st Battalion fields mostly heavy and assault designs.
- 2nd Battalion: Major Chris Jenkins
- The 2nd Battalion contains machines of all classes.
- 3rd Battalion: Major John McCulloch
- The 3rd Battalion has jump-capable 'Mechs over 50 tons.
- Wing Commander: Major Hrothgar Greene
- All three squadrons (White,Grey and Black squadrons) contains medium fighters like the corsair, which has some upgrades.
1st Vegan Armored Regiment(Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Lieutenant-Colonel Iain Mullaley
- All three battalion contains each 2 companies of heavy + 1 light company.
Individual Combat units
Alpha Regiment, commanded by Margrave Douglass during The Galtor Campaign, is a very traditional Elite Assault Regiment combining 'Mechs and Hover/Tracked Vehicles with independent Aerospace/Dropship support.
- Regimental Battlegroup: 2 assault lances (elite), heavy lance (elite), 4 vehicle lances
- Marino's Air Squadron: Heavy wing (elite), 2 Light wings (elite)
- Hover vehicle recovery company, tracked vehicle company
- DropShip defense company: Assault lance (veteran), medium lance (elite), support vehicles
- Bragg's Battalion: Battalion HQ - 1 heavy lance (elite)
- Bragg's Battalion: Cullom's Company - 2 assault lances, heavy lance (all elite)
- Bragg's Battalion: O'Donnell's Company - 2 heavy lances (1 elite, 1 veteran), medium lance (veteran)
- Bragg's Battalion: Summer's Company - 3 medium lances (2 veteran, 1 regular)
- Johnston's Battalion: Battalion HQ - 1 medium lance (elite)
- Johnston's Battalion: Brennon's Company - 1 assault lance, 2 heavy lances (all elite)
- Johnston's Battalion: Mandell's Company - 2 heavy lances, 1 light lance (all veteran)
- Johnston's Battalion: Dargis's Company - 3 medium lances (all veteran)
- McCulloch's Battalion: Battalion HQ - 1 heavy lance (elite)
- McCulloch's Battalion: Murphy's Company - 1 assault lance, 2 heavy lances (all elite)
- McCulloch's Battalion: Kellem's Company - 1 heavy lance (veteran), 2 light lances (regular)
- McCulloch's Battalion: O'Toole's Company - 2 medium lances (regular), 1 light lance (veteran)
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 108 - "Unit Profile"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 141
- Objective Raids, p. 17