Talk:List of Bloodnames
Are there two "Hall" Bloodnames? FM:WC lists Hall as an exclusive Ghost Bear name, but also says that CWiE saKhan Marco Hall is from a little-known bloodline. While I cannot name another important Hall, the fact that it is an exclusive Bloodname would seem to indicate that it is important, so I don't know that Marco was captured as isorla and brought into the Warrior Caste because his bloodname would then not be insignificant. Anybody else have more info? --Scaletail 09:33, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
- No sources, but see below for my grumble about the "Malthus" bloodname. Maybe Marco was taken by the Wolves from the GBs, but I find it hard to believe at least a half dozen major JF Bloodnamed Characters were taken. ClanWolverine101 14:46, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
I wish to know in which book can be found the whole Bloodname list ?--FIVE-one 13:50, 19 February 2008 (CST)
- There isn't one, hence the compilation. The exclusive bloodnames are listed in the original Clan sourcebooks and the field manuals. The non-exclusive names are the result of data mining from the same sources. --Scaletail 15:37, 19 February 2008 (CST)
- Roger, thank you for the answer Scaletail --FIVE-one 13:12, 20 February 2008 (CST)
Correct entry name?
Should this entry be changed to "Bloodname"? I can't find any examples of the use of Bloodname other than in a Clan context, which makes "Clan Bloodnames" redundant. Whatya think? --Ebakunin 01:03, 19 August 2008 (CDT)
- It's a fair point. How about "List of Bloodnames", since it really is a list. --Scaletail 07:58, 19 August 2008 (CDT)
- Move complete, double redirect from Bloodname corrected. JubalHarshaw 08:51, 19 August 2008 (CDT)
- I've totally reworked this and the Bloodname article. This article is now just a list of Bloodnames; the Bloodname article is no longer a redirect, but contains all the relevant Bloodname information. JubalHarshaw 12:56, 19 August 2008 (CDT)
One source says Malthus is Jade Falcon exclusive, another says Ghost Bear. Discussion? ClanWolverine101
- Poke on this. I'd like a concensus, but if I can't get it, I will BE BOLD. ClanWolverine101 01:11, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- *Sigh* Looks like someone beat me to it... ClanWolverine101 03:30, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- You can link directly to the article by using a set of two brackets: Lincoln Osis. As for why, I cannot say. The contributing Editors chose not to add references to back their perspective. Feel free to add in the relevant citations, if you have them. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 12:20, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Sub Sections for the Eliminated Bloodname Section
Do you guys mind if I subheaded those as 'Not-Named Clan Bloodnames', 'Clan Widowmaker Bloodnames'(with a sentence or two of info and a ref for fact of 3/4s of them being effectively reaved, with a ref), 'Clan Coyote Bloodnames', 'Smoke Jaguar Bloodnames', and I'll make a Steel Viper one as well to mention Kinnison and her disgrace. Then it will be nice and ready for later additional sections about the WoR stuff which i Have started to read a lot lately. edit: Just wanted to know because it would make linking to sections easier too, I like somewhat liberal section use for linking things. another edit: Through carefull use of the Wolf Clan Sourcebook and the chart of 40 names from op klondike, it might be possible to find out who those names were. A project for later... --Rebs 08:57, 24 April 2012 (PDT)
Wars of Reaving updates
Thought it be wise to start listing out the information contained in WoR as alot of bloodnames were lost, I made it into another section other then trying to make it work with what was already here. If some could help out with it in terms of suggestions and/or edits that would be great.
This article is a mess, however cleaning it up may be harder then it appears...
I purpose we use the tables that are like the ones seen here: Clan_Jade_Falcon#Bloodnames Each clan gets a section that includes the founding names, Exclusive Bloodnames Post-Operation REVIVAL and Exclusive Bloodnames Post-Wars of Reaving. This way it cleans up the section enough for readers to find the names they are looking for without checking multiple tables.
- I was rolling out the table used in the Clan Jade Falcon entry across the Clan articles a few months ago, but like everything else it's been left drifting while work's been keeping me busy. The table code varies slightly from Clan to Clan depending on whether that Clan ever had the opportunity to develop phenotypes like Protomech pilots (some, like Clan Mongoose/Widowmaker/Wolverine never had that chance, including some modern Clans) and which period the Clan survived into. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 05:43, 14 January 2016 (PST)
I have finished adding the bloodnames to each of the clans (except Clan Wolf in Exile) how do you suppose we go ahead on cleaning up this article? Should we have just a listing of links too each of the clan's Bloodname Tables, or should we repost each of the tables here and possibly link the clan's pages to this page for reference afterwards? Deadfire (talk) 17:03, 23 January 2016 (PST)
Anyone have any issues with how this page is not presented? I have copied over the tables from each of the Clans and presented them here. Prehaps a little more editting will be required elsewise. Any thing I can do to improve this project let me know!