Talk:Colossus (DropShip class)
Well, it seems like I don't remember how to use the infoboxes right. Anyways, don't really remember where exactly I got this info from, I thought it was Dropships and Jumpships but it turns out that was where I found the Fortress class. But I did fill out a Heavy Metal thing on it, just missed the fluff and such. This is like the Fortress class, but much bigger, being the largest military dropship in existance. Like the Fortress it carries artillery that can only be used while landed, instead of the Longtom it has the two Arrow IVs. For transport purposes it carries a full battalion of 36 mechs, 72 vehicles, 12 platoons and 726 tonnes in cargo. 4 Life Boats and 25 Escape Pods. SI of 20 with 60 tonnes of armour (although as I recall the book had it a couple points shy at around 251/221/221/189). 9 officers, 37 enlisted and 9 gunners, pluss the 984 bay personnel with 270 tonnes of supplies. 375 tonnes of fuel with a 3/5 engine. As I recall the fluff said they were very rare and expensive, Kerensky took 6 with them when he left, 2 others were lost until the 31st, Snord found 1 and the Lyrans got part of that, another group of mercenaries found another much more recently (50s or 60s I think). That totals it with about 8 known Colossus ever made.
Oh, the weapons had the following facings
Nose 2 Gauss Rifles with 96 rounds 2 ER PPCs 2 Arrow IVs
Sides 1 ER PPC 2 LRM20+Artemis IVs
In addition, every facing has 1 ER Large Laser and 4 Medium Lasers, with the Aft facing having an additional ER Large Laser.
- Personally, I'd like to see a source for the info before considering the setup canon. All I know about the Class is a notion in a public BattleCorps story (Heart of Dixie?), and I am not aware of any stats ever getting published. Frabby 04:48, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- It's shown up in TR's and in IIRC one of the Snord's/Rhonda's Irregulars scenario packs so it is valid. That said, there is also a Solaris mech named Colossus so this will have to become a disambig, and may be better to start from scratch when a Colossus (DropShip) article is created if all we have is partial infobox at present. Cyc 18:12, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- Done fixed the article. I moved it as suggested. It's in TRO:3075, but I'm not sure what the original source for it is, as it is in ComOps. My guesses would be Star League or Rhonda's Irregulars. --Scaletail 18:54, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
The infobox has this ship's use as "Assault DropShip and Mixed Force Carrier." I don't have the TRO it's from, so I can't verify, but that label seems very out of line with how Dropships are normally classified in much simpler terms. I also have trouble believing it's an honest-to-goodness Assault dropship, as it's armament can't even put out half the firepower of the original Fortress. To me, this seems like a normal transport that happens to carry a little extra firepower. --Peregry 17:22, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
- Peregry, I just took a look. The 'Use' reads as "Tug/Assault Ship." In that light, its dual nature is canon. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 20:05, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
- Tug? I'm assuming you don't mean like the Octopus as that would be really weird. So they serious consider this an Assault dropship? Man, the requirements for being one are becoming much less strident. Back in my day you had to be able to put out AT LEAST 300 damage to qualify, especially if you weighed 20,000 tons. ;p Alright, I'll update the tags, but I'll stick with my Fortress. ;) --Peregry 22:51, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
- LOL...I don't mean anything. I just report. But, without reposting the actual fluff here, I'll leave it up to the article (and your opinion) as to whether it can do both. For what its worth, I'm just gonna assume your Fortress could take this Colossus. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 00:58, 24 March 2010 (UTC)