- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
The Cutting Room Floor
I often check out information regarding the various pre-release versions of games on a website known as The Cutting Room Floor, and they can often reveal a lot of useful information. Given how a few other BattleTech videogames developed under Microsoft's license attempted to adhere more strongly (or at least reference) to BattleTech rules and lore during their early stages of development (such as MechCommander 2), it might be possible that we will find some more concrete information on the stuff from MechAssault by digging around in its development history. ~Amaroq Starwind~ (talk) 21:23, 25 March 2018 (EDT)
- So, turns out that The Cutting Room Floor doesn't have any information on the different BattleTech videogames, outside of the few released for the SNES, and for MechWarrior 2. ~Amaroq Starwind~ (talk) 23:55, 25 March 2018 (EDT)
Gauss Rifle being Clan spec
- It's just assumed for the time being, since basically everything in MechAssault seems to be either state of the art or experimental. And also, a full sized Inner Sphere Gauss Rifle probably wouldn't fit on a Light Mech.
- Given how weak the Gauss Rifles are in MechAssault though (it apparently takes multiple hits from two gauss rifles at once to kill an elemental), they may as well be Light Gauss Rifles firing Lithium slugs (meaning they're really soft and lightweight, and combust on contact with water, such as air moisture).