Talk:MechCommander (Video Game)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The main link to this page under "Official Game Systems" sends a user to the Disambiguation of the term "Mech Commander". This requires the user to choose either the computer game or the term Mech Commander referring to the person who commands mechs. This is unnecessary because anyone clicking on this link would be searching for the computer game due to the link's placement in "Official Game Systems".
This link should directly lead to the computer game.
- I just asked Nic about this. I noticed it a while back but kept forgetting to mention it.... -BobTheZombie (talk) 16:47, 10 November 2014 (PST)
Do we ever discuss the game mechanics on these pages? For instance, MechCommander is perhaps the only mech game that does not have a heat mechanic, nearly negating the usefulness of ammunition-based weapons. Also, there are only weight restrictions when customizing a mech, whereas games like Mechwarrior2 combine weight and critical slots when placing weapons and equipment. There are some oddities to these games that are very different from BattleTech cannon, such as MechWarrior 3050 for the SNES where lasers have limited shots as though they were ammunition-based.
- As I stated on the MW:3050 page, I think we need to work out a consistent way of presenting this, but for the time being, just put the differences in a place that makes sense. I'll probably be able to take care of the MCG stuff as I have it handy to check and see the oddities in it. -BobTheZombie (talk) 19:41, 11 November 2014 (PST)